Koningsdam Cabin 4044

ASB&Cruiseluvr

We stayed in K #4044 for a 21 day Carribbean cruise in Mar 2019.  Not quite the same as #4046.  Room lay out for the most part is , but seemed maybe slightly smaller - however you are missing that extra window. If it had the extra window  like #4046 you be looking at #4042 balcony.  # 4042 balcony was huge  So as you walk in the room there is a big blank space where that window would have been so nice. Made the room somewhat dark. We started leaving the TV on to the aft channel and it kind of took away your attention from that big dark space as you entered  the room. Too bad they did not put a big mirror on that space and it would have helped brighten up the room.  The layout put the bed very close to the door. Gave you a nice space between bed and desk  Might hear a few voices go by in the evening, but as not a party ship did not find that to be a big problem- however would hear the breakfast cart rattle by early morning.  Had an irregular shaped deck, kind of almost triangle, but did like it. Sat 4 comfortably - no extra chairs , just used ones from inside.  Sorry , do have pics but have no idea how to post them here. ( It is Senior thing- ha-ha)  Not sure if there is a way you could email private message me and then maybe send them to you. Just not sure would stay in that one again - - however if price and destination were right might consider it - so not all bad for sure. 

4 hours ago, jeda4137 said:

We stayed in K #4044 for a 21 day Carribbean cruise in Mar 2019.  Not quite the same as #4046.  Room lay out for the most part is , but seemed maybe slightly smaller - however you are missing that extra window. If it had the extra window  like #4046 you be looking at #4042 balcony.  # 4042 balcony was huge  So as you walk in the room there is a big blank space where that window would have been so nice. Made the room somewhat dark. We started leaving the TV on to the aft channel and it kind of took away your attention from that big dark space as you entered  the room. Too bad they did not put a big mirror on that space and it would have helped brighten up the room.  The layout put the bed very close to the door. Gave you a nice space between bed and desk  Might hear a few voices go by in the evening, but as not a party ship did not find that to be a big problem- however would hear the breakfast cart rattle by early morning.  Had an irregular shaped deck, kind of almost triangle, but did like it. Sat 4 comfortably - no extra chairs , just used ones from inside.  Sorry , do have pics but have no idea how to post them here. ( It is Senior thing- ha-ha)  Not sure if there is a way you could email private message me and then maybe send them to you. Just not sure would stay in that one again - - however if price and destination were right might consider it - so not all bad for sure. 

I can relate to the "Senior thing" for posting pictures on Cruise critic.   I had the same problem.   What I did for someone was I posted my e-mail address and they sent me an e-mail and I sent them the picture of the cabin.  (The person wanting the picture could also post their e-mail and you could send it to them if you prefer that method).  

As a safety measure if you do decide to post your e-mail make sure to put it so that it can't be used badly i.e., put "dot com"   --  I hope this makes sense.

59 minutes ago, mexico8 said:

I can relate to the "Senior thing" for posting pictures on Cruise critic.   I had the same problem.   What I did for someone was I posted my e-mail address and they sent me an e-mail and I sent them the picture of the cabin.  (The person wanting the picture could also post their e-mail and you could send it to them if you prefer that method).  

As a safety measure if you do decide to post your e-mail make sure to put it so that it can't be used badly i.e., put "dot com"   --  I hope this makes sense.

Thanks for the suggestion - but not sure about that  - ( there is that Senior suspicious thing again )

4 minutes ago, kb4683 said:

This discussion has piqued my interest in cabins 4041/4042.  Would love to read description and/or see pics of those, too.

A quick glance thru the door of 4042 , showed a more traditional layout with the balcony door on the side instead of the end, but just an extra window on the end. However balcony was large enough for the cabin guys to bring in a couple of lounges in addition to the furniture already  there. Do not have pics of that one. Depending on which direction travelling and weather conditions of course might be very shaded, but very protected from the breezes I think. Good luck!

34 minutes ago, jeda4137 said:

A quick glance thru the door of 4042 , showed a more traditional layout with the balcony door on the side instead of the end, but just an extra window on the end. However balcony was large enough for the cabin guys to bring in a couple of lounges in addition to the furniture already  there. Do not have pics of that one. Depending on which direction travelling and weather conditions of course might be very shaded, but very protected from the breezes I think. Good luck!

@jeda4137 Thanks for the information -- sounds interesting!

7 hours ago, jeda4137 said:

Jeda4137, your message feature is disabled.  Photos could be sent to eyesonnatureimages@outlook dot com.  I'd love to see them.  Kim