What to do from 7-2?

mnporter1

First time to St. Croix next June. Ship is only there from 7-2. I would appreciate any suggestions on what can be done during such a short time and back to ship by 1:30. We love the beach and exploring. Not sure we would have time to go to buck island that everyone talks about... whatcha think?

• 1 month later...

Are you docking in Frederiksted or Christiansted? When we were there, it was the former, and we decided to just stay there and not take a shuttle to Christiansted. We enjoyed a straw market, multiple rum tastings, the fort, and a lovely beach for wading and collecting sea glass. Afterwards we went back to the ship for lunch, then returned to town for a little more shopping and beach time.

• Like 1

• 1 year later...
On 5/5/2021 at 6:42 PM, CntPAcruiser said:

Are you docking in Frederiksted or Christiansted? When we were there, it was the former, and we decided to just stay there and not take a shuttle to Christiansted. We enjoyed a straw market, multiple rum tastings, the fort, and a lovely beach for wading and collecting sea glass. Afterwards we went back to the ship for lunch, then returned to town for a little more shopping and beach time.

@CntPAcruiser We are docking at Frederiksted. Where do you get a shuttle to Christiansted and where did you taste rum? And the beach you went to was within walking distance to the ship? It is so hard to find any info on St Croix. We will be there in March of 2023. Thank you

9 minutes ago, Choozin Croozin said:

@CntPAcruiser We are docking at Frederiksted. Where do you get a shuttle to Christiansted and where did you taste rum? And the beach you went to was within walking distance to the ship? It is so hard to find any info on St Croix. We will be there in March of 2023. Thank you

Sorry, since we didn't go to Christiansted, I don't have any info on how to get the shuttle. The beach was not far from the pier, past the fort, as I recall. The rum tasting was right on the pier--they don't waste any time getting to the tourist. But as I recall, there were other rum tastings offered in town as well.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, CntPAcruiser said:

Sorry, since we didn't go to Christiansted, I don't have any info on how to get the shuttle. The beach was not far from the pier, past the fort, as I recall. The rum tasting was right on the pier--they don't waste any time getting to the tourist. But as I recall, there were other rum tastings offered in town as well.

Thank you so much!! I appreciate your reply. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/11/2021 at 10:32 AM, mnporter1 said:

First time to St. Croix next June. Ship is only there from 7-2. I would appreciate any suggestions on what can be done during such a short time and back to ship by 1:30. We love the beach and exploring. Not sure we would have time to go to buck island that everyone talks about... whatcha think?

How was your trip to St. Croix?  What did you end up doing?