Wind Spirit vs Star Breeze

vmarq

We are new to Windstar Cruises and are conflicted as to whether we book the Wind Spirit or Star Breeze to Tahiti.  Any information you can give me would be much appreciated.

The Spirit, the sails add magic to a magical place. There is so much great light in Polynesia that the shadows and reflections  appearing in the sea and against the mountains with the sails are stunning adding to the natural beauty.  The Breeze is a lovely ship but Polynesia requires something different and that you get in the sails. Fabulous trip, I pinch myself that we did it on the Spirit. Happy Sailing

I’m torn. The Spirit has sails but at night when you’re on board you don’t see them. The Breeze has MUCH larger staterooms and IMHO nicer public spaces. The night of the beach picnic with the sails illuminated was indeed magical, but if you spend lots of time in the cabin my vote is for the larger space in your cabin  or French balcony on the Breeze. 

Edited by milepig

I agree with milepig. I have been to Tahiti 3 times (Wind Song, Wind Star, Wind Spirit). The first was magical - on deck most of the time enjoying the sun and air. The second had heavy rain most of the days and I longed for the motor yachts. I thoroughly enjoy the sails and the outdoor atmosphere of the sailing ships but when I am not on deck the suites and the various indoor spaces of the yachts are far better.