April 2nd CDC Technical Guidance

kelleherdl

1 hour ago, Couple-Somerset said:

Regular readers of the MSC forum will know that the cruise line has been operating since August 2020 WITHOUT the need of both vaccine jabs. 

The guest produced negative test certificate plus MSC testing protocols have worked well - and are to be followed for the UK sailings from May 2021.

The new CDC requirement SUGGESTS that shore crew, guests and crew should be vaccinated BUT doesnt use the words "must be" or "are required to"   - though those terms are used to describe other requirements. 

Hopefully MSC can bring their tried and tested process to US sailings this year. 

Sadly, if vaccines are compulsory, its another 2 cruises we cant take as we wont have had our vaccines in time. 

Hello,

Whilst I should be receiving my second jab in early May, proving it to everyone's satisfaction is another matter. Following my first jab I was given a scrappy piece of paper, smaller than a credit card, on which someone wrote the date and lot number of the vaccine used and was written by someone that had obviously just sprained their ankle and was using their other foot! Call me a cynic if you like, but that piece of paper wouldn't convince me of anything.

Regards,

Cublet