Travel Insurance Refuses to Pay

jclinard

I have received a payout for travel insurance claims for Travelguard, Nationwide, Travelsafe, IMG and from my credit card company (Chase).  I have received much more back than I ever paid in premiums.

Edited by 6rugrats

On 5/29/2021 at 4:02 PM, fwdpost said:

NCL just cancelled my cruise, but my agent said that the insurance is no refunded, only allowing me to transfer it to another cruise. Isn't that fraudulent, since I am 80 and may not be able to make another cruise in the next two years period offered?

No, of course not.

14 hours ago, 6rugrats said:

I have received a payout for travel insurance claims for Travelguard, Nationwide, Travelsafe, IMG and from my credit card company (Chase).  I have received much more back than I ever paid in premiums.

I'm amazed that you have so many claims.  The only time I would ever have had a claim (other than the one that was denied) was on a trip I did not pay for (family thing), where Olympic Air was so far delayed going out of Athens our connection in New York was missed.  That resulted in an overnight stay in New York, and the moron customer service agent booked us to Dallas the next day.  I say Dallas, because the agent just wanted to kick the problem to somebody else, as there was zero seats available from Dallas to Las Vegas.  The airline picked up the cost of the hotel rooms (and a few meal vouchers), so I'm fairly certain the travel insurance company would have refused to pay on the basis that the airline covered our costs.

As it stands and with the investigations I've done, I see zero reason to insure my flights.  Provisions for payment is so limited I can't see a situation where I could ever collect, unless I died, in which case my heirs wouldn't even know about the insurance and won't collect, and, besides, I wouldn't have any need for the cash anymore.  The only insurance I would consider going forward is foreign country medical, and I'm having a hard time researching that.

• 2 weeks later...

I've had travel insurance pay out for several things.  Insurance carrier was Nationwide.  Once it was a medical issue and the others were travel delays.  I submitted all of the proper documentation and received the checks quickly.

• Thanks 1