Life on board

Charleyben

With cruising starting up again at the end of June, I am interesting to know how the post pandemic experience will roll out.  The information currently being provided by P & O is somewhat vague.  For the first staycation cruises they say that ships will sail at reduced capacity without being specific and that there will be different dining arrangements.  Masks are expected to be worn in certain places around the ship but no further detail.  I appreciate that it is difficult for them to know how government policy will develop for the rest of this year but whether cruising will be a pleasant experience or an ordeal remains to be seen.

it will interesting to learn how the costs of alternative dining and drinks prices will be set after the lay off and whether we can expect significant increases.

We have taken the plunge and booked a staycation on Britannia in September and hoping we have made a good call.

i would be interested to learn how CC members think it will all pan out.

It is anybody's guess really as no one knows how things will work out, I m sure prices will have gone up since cruising was suspended like they would have done if things were normal, whether it is more or less will become apparent later. It will be interesting to see how cruise lines manage the new requirements and who it falls to to police them. I just hope it works out and restrictions are eased as thinks improve.

3 hours ago, Charleyben said:

With cruising starting up again at the end of June, I am interesting to know how the post pandemic experience will roll out.  The information currently being provided by P & O is somewhat vague.  For the first staycation cruises they say that ships will sail at reduced capacity without being specific and that there will be different dining arrangements.  Masks are expected to be worn in certain places around the ship but no further detail.  I appreciate that it is difficult for them to know how government policy will develop for the rest of this year but whether cruising will be a pleasant experience or an ordeal remains to be seen.

it will interesting to learn how the costs of alternative dining and drinks prices will be set after the lay off and whether we can expect significant increases.

We have taken the plunge and booked a staycation on Britannia in September and hoping we have made a good call.

i would be interested to learn how CC members think it will all pan out.

I imagine it'll largely depend on the government rules at the time of the cruise. Therefore, it's probably very difficult for P&O to give specific details.