Did I Miss Something ... or Am I Just Over Anxious?

molymoo

In the 3 page COVID-19 POLICIES AND PROCEDURES (INTERNATIONAL TRAVEL) document it states:

"A copy of the vaccine confirmation/record card must be received by Viking, no later than 14 days prior to the scheduled sailing date."

Has anyone heard or read how this is to be done?  Where do we send it?  In the above referred to document they mention sending an email with a health survey seven days prior to the date of embarkation but this would be too late for the provision of said vaccination record.  I'm guessing I missed something but am trying to be sure that we don't miss a step here!

5 hours ago, molymoo said:

In the 3 page COVID-19 POLICIES AND PROCEDURES (INTERNATIONAL TRAVEL) document it states:

"A copy of the vaccine confirmation/record card must be received by Viking, no later than 14 days prior to the scheduled sailing date."

Has anyone heard or read how this is to be done?  Where do we send it?  In the above referred to document they mention sending an email with a health survey seven days prior to the date of embarkation but this would be too late for the provision of said vaccination record.  I'm guessing I missed something but am trying to be sure that we don't miss a step here!

Don't stress ,you haven't missed anything  !  They will advise you ( and I guarantee that on the Roll Calls for these cruises, once someone gets the procedures issued by Viking they will post it .)  Viking is still working out some of the logistics of this.  Not sure if you are going to Iceland or Bermuda, but I know that Iceland has another update to policies and procedures scheduled for 01 May ; could be a bit earlier, or later so I think that Viking is waiting to closer to late May or early June to come out with exact procedures. 

You can always check in with Viking from time to time  to see what is happening with this  but keep checking on Cruise Critic as I know lots of people are keeping an eye on what we will need to do. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, vslparis said:

Don't stress ,you haven't missed anything  !  They will advise you ( and I guarantee that on the Roll Calls for these cruises, once someone gets the procedures issued by Viking they will post it .)  Viking is still working out some of the logistics of this.  Not sure if you are going to Iceland or Bermuda, but I know that Iceland has another update to policies and procedures scheduled for 01 May ; could be a bit earlier, or later so I think that Viking is waiting to closer to late May or early June to come out with exact procedures. 

You can always check in with Viking from time to time  to see what is happening with this  but keep checking on Cruise Critic as I know lots of people are keeping an eye on what we will need to do. 

We are on the Bermuda itinerary ... meant to post this in that thread but my fingers got away from me!  Thanks!  Just wanted to be sure I wasn’t missing anything!

Did I Miss Something ... or Am I Just Over Anxious?

I think maybe we are all a bit over-anxious with all these new details, procedures and protocols that we have agreed to accept and live with in order to be part of this bold first step to return to the ships.

But we'll all get there. There is so much sharing going, that we can't help but stay abreast of things.

Have a most relaxing laze around Bermuda. The catamaran trips are a lot of fun, especially if they are snorkeling trips. And the sail into St. George's is one to be on deck for.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Peregrina651 said:

Have a most relaxing laze around Bermuda. The catamaran trips are a lot of fun, especially if they are snorkeling trips. And the sail into St. George's is one to be on deck for.

Thank you Peregrinations ... that’s good to know!  

I received a call on  Sunday from Viking to discuss and questions about our Iceland cruise.7/10

Method for proof of vaccination has not been resolved. Iceland has not finalized their requirements.

This will be  done well before sailing.

Excursions at this point will be handled exclusively by Viking. Not yet finalized.

Viking will provide test results needed to reenter  US.

The Chef's table daily menus will be visible when booking as in the past.

I was able to book Restaurant reservations for the week. When specialty opens, they will be overwritten

by the new choices.

We discussed problems with the new MVJ app. I gave her a list of problems that need attention.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

16 hours ago, Peregrina651 said:

And the sail into St. George's is one to be on deck for.

Thanks, Peregrina! -  we are on the June 29th Bermuda cruise.  Have been to Bermuda several times and we've probably drive by motorbike on most of the roads.   I can imagine the passage into St. George has to be spectacular.  Did some googling and there are a number of pics and videos out there for it.  We arrive at 8 AM so will have to be up early, but departure is at 6 PM so a wonderful cocktail sailing away should be fabulous!

• Like 1

11 hours ago, worldtraveler1234 said:

I received a call on  Sunday from Viking to discuss and questions about our Iceland cruise.7/10

Method for proof of vaccination has not been resolved. Iceland has not finalized their requirements.

This will be  done well before sailing.

Excursions at this point will be handled exclusively by Viking. Not yet finalized.

Viking will provide test results needed to reenter  US.

The Chef's table daily menus will be visible when booking as in the past.

I was able to book Restaurant reservations for the week. When specialty opens, they will be overwritten

by the new choices.

We discussed problems with the new MVJ app. I gave her a list of problems that need attention.

Thanks for the update - see you in Iceland (fingers crossed)!

We will be checking in with Cruise Critic Boards frequently, hoping everyone will share any information they get.  Typically we book so far in advance we have plenty of time to put everything together, but suddenly booking without all the facts, we'll be anxious to share what we hear, and hope everyone else shares what they know.  Our TA said today that Viking is trying to put everything together...they don't have the answers yet themselves.  

All I know is the view is going to be a whole lot better than my computer screen in my front room for the past year....

• Like 5

14 minutes ago, Sunflower & The Scientist said:

We will be checking in with Cruise Critic Boards frequently, hoping everyone will share any information they get.  Typically we book so far in advance we have plenty of time to put everything together, but suddenly booking without all the facts, we'll be anxious to share what we hear, and hope everyone else shares what they know.  Our TA said today that Viking is trying to put everything together...they don't have the answers yet themselves.  

All I know is the view is going to be a whole lot better than my computer screen in my front room for the past year....

You have the greatest handle!   Love your optimism as well.

Regarding Cruise Critic Boards, you should follow the other specific Viking Orion Bermuda Roll Calls, as well as the Forum that is JUST about these Bermuda cruises (no Iceland in it).