Silversea excursions

Mocamps

My TA queried this with Silversea and received the following response......

In regards to the shore excursions, please visit our Healthy Return to Service page by following the link https://www.silversea.com/lp-silversea-hrts-consumer.html . On here you will see information regarding the shore excursions.

It is true that the guests can only disembark with a certified shore excursion, please see snippet below.

Verified Shore Excursions

Our itineraries have been revised to include only low-risk destinations with approved contingency plans. Guests wishing to go ashore in port will only be allowed to do so with a verified shore excursion party. These verified shore excursions ensure that all Silversea health and safety measures are met, including mandatory testing of all tour guides.

The voyage that we have now held an option on for Hong Kong to Singapore, does not include any free shore excursions. Therefore if the guests wish to participate in any of the verified excursions they would need to reserve and pay for them.

In regards to their query for government restrictions the guests will have the option to cancel their voyage 30 days prior to their departure, paying only an administration fee. Or alternatively then can convert their booking into a 100% Future Cruise Credit. These options will be available under the following circumstances;

·         Should the guest or a member of the travelling party test positive for Covid within 30 days prior to the cruise, at the boarding terminal, or during the cruise,

·         If they are unable to meet their cruise or are denied boarding due to government mandated travel restrictions within 28 days prior to the cruise

·         If they are subject to mandated hotel quarantine upon their return home,

The Moon trips from Greece in June 2021 seem to be a one-off as they are now on the website and DO include excursions. The rest of the 2021 programme don't!! So it seems we either have to pay for the SS excursions or stay on the ship. Hmmm........

With regard to the Muse sailing that we now have an option on, we're trying to work out how much extra the effectively mandatory excursions will cost in order to decide whether or not to go ahead with it. The cruise starts in Hong Kong and goes through the Philippines to Borneo and then ends in Singapore.

I can see what the excursions are but there are no prices. If anyone has done a cruise like this, can you possibly give me an idea what we'd need to allow? We would probably be interested in the more active excursions like snorkeling trips, boat trips, hiking or white water rafting (that last one sounds expensive I'm thinking!!) We're not really keen on sightseeing trips on a coach!......probably why we've only done expedition cruises so far!

Any clues? We won't hold you to it but just trying to get a rough idea. 

I'm going to repeat myself from earlier post that Inc excursions are only from 2022..

When you go on website . Find a cruise ,.choose Inc excursions .choose ship. then date and that tells you what is included on that sailing ...it's not that hard ... 🙃 ( I could be proven wrong) but it's always been in there program new for 2022 Inc one free excursion per port day !!!

Hi Lvshack😃 actually, there are excursions included in the price of the sailings for the MOON starting in June. So maybe they are just doing that because it is the new itineraries.  I am looking at one of them for July and there are definitely options for excursions at no extra charge.

1 hour ago, Mocamps said:

...can you possibly give me an idea what we'd need to allow? We would probably be interested in the more active excursions like snorkeling trips, boat trips, hiking or white water rafting (that last one sounds expensive I'm thinking!!) We're not really keen on sightseeing trips on a coach!

$89 - $249 USD per person

14 minutes ago, Lois R said:

Hi Lvshack😃 actually, there are excursions included in the price of the sailings for the MOON starting in June. So maybe they are just doing that because it is the new itineraries.  I am looking at one of them for July and there are definitely options for excursions at no extra charge.

14 minutes ago, Lois R said:

My dear Lois hope you are keeping well... I stand corrected ref the free excursions I have just looked on UK website & what I have noticed is a big hype in price & only offering economy class flights ( business was always included!!) But as things over here in Europe Inc UK were travel is prohibited at this time & may is also looking highly unlikely!!! As for cruising in summer over here I think it will not & miss.. I along with friends & family cancelled back in January our cruise on the moon ( ship ) in Oct Venice to Athens as we thought it was not going to give us the cruise experience with which we are accustomed to..( to many restrictions) which I'm not prepared to do & will wait until I feel comfortable with sailing.. I'm just waiting for my second vaccine in may but don't want to travel outside UK this year ..