Hayhu or Maya Chan?

printingchick

2 hours ago, printingchick said:

Can anyone compare and contrast these two all-inclusive beach club experiences? 

If you use the search engine you will find lots of reviews for Maya Chan, one or two for Hayhu. I seem to recall someone who couldn’t get into Maya Chan, because it was full, enjoyed their day at Hayhu but I don’t remember if they had been to both. Hayhu is relatively new. I am glad to see from its website it still seems to be in business. We have been to Maya Chan several times and were eager to try Hayhu but our visit to Hayhu was cancelled last year. 

We were due to try it last year just as cruising shut down. It is a little further from port than Maya Chan and transport always seemed a little risky on a short port day but it would appear transport is now included so they must have made some arrangements. It certainly looks very nice. We got good reviews from local condo owners last time we were on the malecón which was why we wanted to try it.  

I don’t think Hayhu is exclusively AI like Maya Chan. They appear to offer different package levels and “a la carte”. I think it is probably more expensive. Maya Chan has  a small dipping pool which may be an advantage if sargassum is bad. Hayhu were very quick to reply when I contacted them.