20ml Dry Vermouth

3 Whole Green Olives 

Ice

Put Gin, Vermouth & Ice in a cocktail shaker and shake vigorously 

Strain and pour drink into Perfect Martini glass

Place Olives in the glass

Drink

Repeat 🤪

Interesting that the recipe you saw on the Facebook page was for the white tomato soup.  I emailed Seabourn years ago, shortly after we had the white and clear tomato soup in Restaurant 2, and got a reply with both recipes.  However, I have never made either of them because they take a fair amount of advance time, and I would want to make it for guests, who never seem to visit during tomato season.  Still, I remember both soups being tasty and unique.  The breadsticks' recipe was published years ago in Saveur Magazine and is still available online if you Google it.

44 minutes ago, CLOU said:

However, I have never made either of them because they take a fair amount of advance time

It does take a lot of time, but not a lot of work...the chopped tomatoes need about 12 hours of hanging in cheesecloth to drip out a decent amount of the clear tomato essence.  It was the recipe I most remembered from R2 and it has never failed when making at home.  Last time on board I asked the maitre d’ if they could make it and he said he’d look into it; next day he said no, they were out of white tomatoes 🙂.  Should have tried harder!!  But I suspect there are limits to what they will do as a special meal.  

Edited by johng75370

The white tomato soup brings back lovely memories of the Chef's dinner - those are the only times I ever had it.  I think it is perhaps too much to expect for a special meal, even for Seabourn.

Some of those Chef's dinners were the best meals we have had at sea, although the desserts were usually far too large!

On 4/26/2021 at 4:34 AM, Mr Luxury said:

Twice baked goats cheese souffle is the one that I'll always remember.

My favorite and a special request I’ll make for a pre-order treat.  When they offer it on the menu, I have a salad and two soufflés as my entree and I’m a happy girl!

On 4/27/2021 at 3:38 PM, jenidallas said:

My favorite and a special request I’ll make for a pre-order treat.  When they offer it on the menu, I have a salad and two soufflés as my entree and I’m a happy girl!

What a great idea!  The twice baked goat cheese soufflé is something I dream about...

• 4 weeks later...
On 4/24/2021 at 12:58 PM, RetiredandTravel said:

Yes I do

"The Dry Martini"  🍸🍸

100ml Hendrick Gin

20ml Dry Vermouth

3 Whole Green Olives 

Ice

Put Gin, Vermouth & Ice in a cocktail shaker and shake vigorously 

Strain and pour drink into Perfect Martini glass

Place Olives in the glass

Drink

Repeat 🤪

Vermouth? PUH-LEEZ! I do like Churchill did and put the bottle of vermouth across the room. Then I glance at it when adding the gin or vodka to the mixing glass.

10 hours ago, scamper said:

Vermouth? PUH-LEEZ! I do like Churchill did and put the bottle of vermouth across the room. Then I glance at it when adding the gin or vodka to the mixing glass.

😲 Just trying to add some levity. 

Honestly I gave up martini's quite a few years back, age and martinis don't mix well in my case.   "Loud mouth soup" if you will.   Judging from my last cruise I'm not the only one. 

In the day I ordered "in and out" martini's, I do think the gin needs a touch of vermouth.   Ben Bensons Steakhouse on 6th Avenue was probably the best I ever had.  "21' had the best martini atmosphere but Bensons mart was better.

enjoy!!

3 hours ago, RetiredandTravel said:

😲 Just trying to add some levity. 

Honestly I gave up martini's quite a few years back, age and martinis don't mix well in my case.   "Loud mouth soup" if you will.   Judging from my last cruise I'm not the only one. 

In the day I ordered "in and out" martini's, I do think the gin needs a touch of vermouth.   Ben Bensons Steakhouse on 6th Avenue was probably the best I ever had.  "21' had the best martini atmosphere but Bensons mart was better.

enjoy!!

It's cool. I was, too (with the levity). 😄 I am a vodka fan, myself, but alas I don't partake that much anymore.  Once in a while, otherwise I am happy with a glass of good wine! 🍷

Edited by scamper
punctuation