Coco Cay beach beds

Hello all,

I'm planning to reserve a beach bed on Coco Cay, but I'm confused by the way they're listed in the cruise planner.  There are three options: Breezy Bay at Chill Island beach bed rental, South Beach beach bed rental, and just plain beach bed rental.

The first two are easy enough, since I can read a map. 😉 But I'm not sure about the one that doesn't have a location specified. Is it the equivalent of a guarantee cabin, and they put you wherever is left?  Or is there another location for the beach beds?

I'd appreciate any insights!

The description for the unnamed location says it's by Chill Island, but it has a different code than the Chill Island beach bed. Very odd. I wonder if it's a glitch or a mistake. The descriptions are almost the same.

Unnamed:

While in CocoCay, be sure to reserve your very own Beach Bed. Nestled among palm trees on the shore of Chill Island, you can relax in comfort, feeling soothing ocean breezes, soaking up the sun and watching waves gently roll in. Everything you need is included: floating beach mats, stocked water cooler and beach towels. ZH29

Breezy Bay at Chill Island:

While in Perfect Day Cococay, be sure to reserve your very own Beach Bed. Nestled on the shore, you can relax in comfort, feeling soothing ocean breezes, soaking up the sun and watching waves gently roll in. Everything you need is included: floating beach mats, stocked water cooler and beach towels. ZHF3

54 minutes ago, WxNerd said:

I’m curious too. I would have preferred a beach bed on South Beach but they have never been available for our sailing 😕

Did they decide there wasn't enough room for beach beds in South Beach once it was done and they had the South Beach Cabanas there?  I seem to remember something about that, maybe?  

Edited by rockmom

Here's the map.  I think the regular Chill Island Beach beds are the ones in the lower left (numbers 1-30)  then the Breezy Bay ones are up at the top (31 - 50)  

CocoCay map.JPG

Edited by rockmom

On 4/20/2021 at 4:22 PM, la_croisiere_s'amuse said:

Hello all,

I'm planning to reserve a beach bed on Coco Cay, but I'm confused by the way they're listed in the cruise planner.  There are three options: Breezy Bay at Chill Island beach bed rental, South Beach beach bed rental, and just plain beach bed rental.

The first two are easy enough, since I can read a map. 😉 But I'm not sure about the one that doesn't have a location specified. Is it the equivalent of a guarantee cabin, and they put you wherever is left?  Or is there another location for the beach beds?

I'd appreciate any insights!

Weird!  I just double checked what I see for my feb 2022 cruise, and it only lists the two type of beds?

19 hours ago, erinsmom03 said:

The description for the unnamed location says it's by Chill Island, but it has a different code than the Chill Island beach bed. Very odd. I wonder if it's a glitch or a mistake. The descriptions are almost the same.

Yeah, I wondered if it might just be a glitch too, since the descriptions are virtually identical but the codes are not.  🤔 But now from the map below, we know that there are three separate areas for the beach beds! So my guess would be that the unspecified one is Chill Island.

18 hours ago, rockmom said:

Here's the map.  I think the regular Chill Island Beach beds are the ones in the lower left (numbers 1-30)  then the Breezy Bay ones are up at the top (31 - 50)  

CocoCay map.JPG

OH, this is awesome, thank you! I have this same map but without the cabanas & beach beds listed. Super helpful!!

10 hours ago, vacationlover_mn said:

Weird!  I just double checked what I see for my feb 2022 cruise, and it only lists the two type of beds?

Yeah, they do like to keep us guessing, don't they? 😄 Yours has Breezy Bay and South Beach?

• 1 month later...

Iam considering renting a beach bed as well. Iam a little confused about the price. The price is $149. I was wondering is that the price per person or per bed? If its per bed then only one of us needs to buy it in the cruise planner. Is that correct? 
Any help is greatly appreciated. Many Thanks

On 6/2/2021 at 12:40 PM, atabs12 said:

Iam considering renting a beach bed as well. Iam a little confused about the price. The price is $149. I was wondering is that the price per person or per bed? If its per bed then only one of us needs to buy it in the cruise planner. Is that correct? 
Any help is greatly appreciated. Many Thanks

Correct, that price is per bed, so only one person needs to book it. 🙂 

• Thanks 1