ADVENTURE OF THE SEAS CAPACITY

On 4/24/2021 at 2:22 PM, BirdTravels said:

Because 100% of the vaccinated people on board can catch COVID and potentially spread COVID. The vaccine does not prevent you from catching COVID. It only reduces the chance of you having moderate or serious symptoms when you catch COVID, thus reducing the time when you potentially spread the disease. So, in your US domestic airports and on your domestic connecting flights (packed like sardines in a tin can) you can catch COVID if you are careless and bring it onboard with you. That COVID would not be detected until a few days into the cruise. 

As a physician, I'd like to stay that you are spreading misinformation. Please go read up before you post disinformation like this.

The vaccines reduce your chance of getting and spreading covid to what is essentially an insignificant number.

• Like 12
  • Thanks 1

Interesting perspective on effectiveness of vaccines -- I hope CDC follows the science.

It appears that once vaccinated you have a very very small chance of getting it again... at least for some period of time... and importantly it is unlikely that you will spread it either... while more data needs to be collected. I feel comfortable going on a cruise and I hope that by August fully vaccinated can sit and talk without masking or distancing. But so far the data looks extremely good. Check out this link from Johns Hopkins School of Public Health Expert insights... so this isn't just some random group.

COVID 19.Johns Hopkins School of Public Health Expert Insights

Of the 75 million who have been vaccinated 5,800 got covid... and while this percentage (0.0077%) is likely to grow as people interact more with others.... this is damn good. For comparison, the chance of getting hit by lightening in your life time is around 0.0065%.. and apparently the risks of dying in a car crash are one in 107 or 0.93%...but we still drive. So even if the odds of getting covid after vaccination were triple the current figures.. it still is low at 0.23%

The Hopkins article also suggests extremely small chance of spreading it. The paper suggest that vaccine people can't spread the virus.

Edited by kearney
  • Like 6

20 hours ago, kearney said:

Interesting perspective on effectiveness of vaccines -- I hope CDC follows the science.

It appears that once vaccinated you have a very very small chance of getting it again... at least for some period of time... and importantly it is unlikely that you will spread it either... while more data needs to be collected. I feel comfortable going on a cruise and I hope that by August fully vaccinated can sit and talk without masking or distancing. But so far the data looks extremely good. Check out this link from Johns Hopkins School of Public Health Expert insights... so this isn't just some random group.

COVID 19.Johns Hopkins School of Public Health Expert Insights

Of the 75 million who have been vaccinated 5,800 got covid... and while this percentage (0.0077%) is likely to grow as people interact more with others.... this is damn good. For comparison, the chance of getting hit by lightening in your life time is around 0.0065%.. and apparently the risks of dying in a car crash are one in 107 or 0.93%...but we still drive. So even if the odds of getting covid after vaccination were triple the current figures.. it still is low at 0.23%

The Hopkins article also suggests extremely small chance of spreading it. The paper suggest that vaccine people can't spread the virus.

Basically the same info, but FROM the CDC itself.

COVID-19 Breakthrough Case Investigations and Reporting | CDC

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Wordell1 said:

Basically the same info, but FROM the CDC itself.

COVID-19 Breakthrough Case Investigations and Reporting | CDC

I know... what is interesting are the comments late in the JH piece that notes that wearing masks in public... is not necessary, But has been required since in most cases, since you have no idea who is and who is not vaccinated....  So requiring vaccinated to wear a mask is not based on a medical reason... more of a psychological reason

4 minutes ago, kearney said:

I know... what is interesting are the comments late in the JH piece that notes that wearing masks in public... is not necessary, But has been required since in most cases, since you have no idea who is and who is not vaccinated....  So requiring vaccinated to wear a mask is not based on a medical reason... more of a psychological reason

I work in a retail store and I can tell you that it is still a concern to many retail workers who have not been vaccinated as well as many customers who are expecting stores to enforce a mask policy. Regardless of my or anyone's opinion on mask effectiveness, I can assure you that there are many people with deep rooted safety concerns that have issues being around mask less individuals. I have no problem wearing mine, even though I am now fully vaccinated. I see it as a matter of courtesy.

I do not wear a mask outside, and it is not the norm or required in my area.  I guess I would put one on if it was requested or necessary for me to be in an area.

I think we are approaching the end of mask wearing, it will happen as everyone has had the chance to get the vaccine.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Wordell1 said:

I work in a retail store and I can tell you that it is still a concern to many retail workers who have not been vaccinated as well as many customers who are expecting stores to enforce a mask policy. Regardless of my or anyone's opinion on mask effectiveness, I can assure you that there are many people with deep rooted safety concerns that have issues being around mask less individuals. I have no problem wearing mine, even though I am now fully vaccinated. I see it as a matter of courtesy.

I do not wear a mask outside, and it is not the norm or required in my area.  I guess I would put one on if it was requested or necessary for me to be in an area.

I think we are approaching the end of mask wearing, it will happen as everyone has had the chance to get the vaccine.

Understood... I was thinking of being on a cruise ship with passengers and crew all vaccinated... vs in port or out in the general public.....   I do still wear masks in store for the reasons you state...no need to scare someone needlessly. I am just hoping that by the time cruises out of Nassau get going that passengers can not have to socially distance and wear masks..on the ship...out in the port is a different matter.

• Like 2

According to Bahamian officials they stated they would be processing up to 1500 guest through ship check-in at the British Colonial Hilton and they will have the guest take an antigen test before being allowed to board.

The procedures could still change.before June 12th or change after each cruise sails.  

after the test you are free to walk downtown until your check-in time which will be between 1 pm and 7 pm according to the article.

43 minutes ago, later said:

According to Bahamian officials they stated they would be processing up to 1500 guest through ship check-in at the British Colonial Hilton and they will have the guest take an antigen test before being allowed to board.

The procedures could still change.before June 12th or change after each cruise sails.  

after the test you are free to walk downtown until your check-in time which will be between 1 pm and 7 pm according to the article.

Could you please link the article?

1 hour ago, canwegonow said:

Could you please link the article?

Probably not, as I attempted to link the article I remembered the blog is not allowed on here. It’s in CC post jail now. When I google royal + caribbean + hilton + nassau it is one of the first few links. 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, WxNerd said:

Probably not, as I attempted to link the article I remembered the blog is not allowed on here. It’s in CC post jail now. When I google royal + caribbean + hilton + nassau it is one of the first few links. 

Thanks--I found it.