Taking the plunge

July morning

As the title says we've taken the plunge and booked a cruise (today) on Balmoral from Rosyth. 

Have been undecided but thought we'd book and have something to look forward to.  We've both had our second vaccine and reading the guides lines that they have so far we need to take a LFT eight & three days before the cruise and on the day at the port.  I'm prepared to do that and if we have to wear masks (which I hate, but do) while moving around the ship then so be it.

I'm already thinking about what to pack 🙂

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

As I mentioned on the other post we had an email today cancelling the cruise which is disappointing but at least we hadn't paid the balance which was due tomorrow!  Still it was a nice dream while it lasted

Edited by July morning
wrong spelling
  • Thanks 1

An update,  We have booked a five day cruise with FO on Borealis from Liverpool on the 23rd August.  We chose this one as it's not to far to travel to join the ship and doesn't include any Scottish ports so hopefully won't be changed.

I'm really looking forward to it as it's one of the "new" ships 😁

7 hours ago, July morning said:

An update,  We have booked a five day cruise with FO on Borealis from Liverpool on the 23rd August.  We chose this one as it's not to far to travel to join the ship and doesn't include any Scottish ports so hopefully won't be changed.

I'm really looking forward to it as it's one of the "new" ships 😁

I hope all goes well for you, though as one of the new UK cruises, it should be fine.  I think we are all fed up with all the bit by bit cancellations, it would have been a lot better if Fred had cancelled a whole lot at once, like P&O did.  I have seen mention that the first few Balmoral cruises from Newcastle are now being reviewed, so the mystery cruise may be the first one out.  I wonder if Fred is wary of staffing too many ships too soon, with the world as it is.

We have booked a December Canaries cruise to replace our July Fred cruise that was cancelled.  Apart from that have just booked a couple of short  UK hotel breaks over the summer and a late October Princess cruise, which we would be happy to delay if need be.  Will be interesting to see what restrictions are in place when the cruises start and how long they will remain.

Sorry to hear your other cruise was my cancelled so soon after you booked.