New CDC rules requiring a Rapid Antigen Test before sailing.

Just now, ChutChut said:

You have misinterpreted my post. I am healthy and understand there is risk in everything I do in life. I've been on thirty cruises and understand the risk of being infected with just about anything. I'm just putting questions/comments out there for people who seem to believe once everyone is vaccinated, there is no/nil risk. We don't know that. 😀

You could get hit by a bus as you are walking from parking lot to cruise terminal; there is risk in everything we do.  

• Like 1

I think I read that one of the other lines (maybe one of the expedition ones) was also calling for rapid antigen tests (this was before the CDC recommendation). They were proposing to use them more as a screener and if you tested positive they would have access to do a limited number of rapid PCR tests to confirm. They proposed this to address concerns of false positives on the initial antigen test. Something like this might work for Regent. I can’t believe they will rely totally on an antigen test after guests have traveled thousands of miles for a luxury cruise.