Viking crew being vaccinated

Clay Clayton

Orion arrived to Bermuda on May 23, but had to be anchored off until May 27 when the crew finished their 14 days quarantine (left Gibraltar 2 weeks previously). Then it docked at Heritage Wharf and the crew received their 1st dose of Pfizer (I think) shortly after. I would reckon they'll be getting their 2nd one this week.

22 hours ago, JeriGail said:

Yes, Bermuda DID quarantine everyone on a specific flight, but that occurred from an October 27th, 2020 flight. 

There is a disconnect though.  The story says the couple was fully vaccinated.  In my recollection, the vaccine had not even been given emergency authorization by Oct 27, 2020.  

But why can’t anyone find a current news report of this event if it has indeed just happened?  I would think if an entire plane full of passengers were quarantined just as the cruise industry was trying to restart, the story would be all over the legitimate news.

Sounds a bit like typical rumors that get changed each time it is retold.  I am dubious about this one at least as recounted. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, LeRenardrouge said:

There is a disconnect though.  The story says the couple was fully vaccinated.  In my recollection, the vaccine had not even been given emergency authorization by Oct 27, 2020.  

But why can’t anyone find a current news report of this event if it has indeed just happened?  I would think if an entire plane full of passengers were quarantined just as the cruise industry was trying to restart, the story would be all over the legitimate news.

Sounds a bit like typical rumors that get changed each time it is retold.  I am dubious about this one at least as recounted. 

This happened just a few days ago.  The person who posted the story on the other social media site followed up her first post with more specific information. There were 17 people quarantined (I believe in addition to the one who tested positive), those in the rows around the positive person. This is consistent with Bermuda's policy on "close contact". Apparently, airlines cannot deny entry to Bermuda citizens, who may or may not be vaccinated. (You can read this in the Bermuda Gazette). I am on the fence, too, and must decide by tomorrow. If we knew we could be quarantined on the ship it would be OK. I'm fairly certain this is a true account if what happened.

I ran a quick search of media via Google and did not find a report on a flight of people to Bermuda being quarantined.  The newspaper Royal Gazette does report the policy requires a 14 day  quarantine for non-imunised persons.

https://www.royalgazette.com/health/news/article/20210620/reminder-on-strict-new-quarantine-rules/