Cruise with Confidence FCC question

I have a question about the cruise with confidence future cruise credit.  I received a credit for a cancelled Anthem of the Seas cruise from March 2020. I have applied the credit to another cruise on Anthem that will sail in June 2022.  Of course, the credits are for each individual and I was able to use the whole amount for my cruise fare.  However, my husband (as the second discounted guest) was only able to use a portion of it and has a residual $490 FCC to be used at a later date.  I was told that he will receive this $490 FCC as a new certificate after the June 2022 sailing.  However, he just received the email below.  I already have a few cruises between February 2022 and June 2022.  I was not really interested in another cruise before September.  I plan on calling Royal Caribbean to clarify and just wondered if anyone else has experience with cruise credits that have residual amounts.  Below I have bolded a statement on the Royal Caribbean communication that seems to reinforce the usual process is to issue the residual amount after the cruise is complete.  I hope this post actually makes sense to someone who can answer the question.

Take care all,

Kathy

Dear Guest,

We've reviewed your new booking and noticed you have a remaining Future Cruise Credit balance for your Cruise with Confidence credit. Please find the remaining value, the terms, and how to apply your credit below for your reference.

Booking ID    Guest Name    Certificate Number    Certificate Amount    Currency    Sail By Date (30 Sept 2022)    Expiration Date (April 30 2022)

There is more details provided and also the following:

Here are some details and the terms & conditions of your FCCs:
Valid on bookings created on or after March 6, 2020 and existing bookings not yet paid to full.
Any booking made using this FCC must be used for a sailing that commences on or before the sail by date indicated above and must be redeemed by the expiration date in the certificate.
If the FCC is not redeemed on or before the expiration shown above, the certificate will automatically expire and have no value.
Future Cruise Credits are per person, per booking, and valid only for the person noted above. FCCs are redeemable towards cruise fare only and are not valid on Complimentary cruises, Incentive bookings, and Charter sailings.
All guests are responsible for taxes and fees, where applicable.
Royal Caribbean International reserves the right to void the FCC Savings amount if the guest named above receives another form of compensation, including claiming through our travel protection.
If there is a remaining balance once you redeem your FCC, you'll receive the balance in a new FCC after you complete the sailing it is used to sail on.
FCCs are only valid for the cruises on Royal Caribbean International ships, are not transferable, and may not be redeemed for cash.
The Cruise with Confidence FCC cannot be redeemed to repurchase the same sailing where the original booking cancelled.
Additional terms and conditions apply.

10 minutes ago, cruisekap said:

I have a question about the cruise with confidence future cruise credit.  I received a credit for a cancelled Anthem of the Seas cruise from March 2020. I have applied the credit to another cruise on Anthem that will sail in June 2022.  Of course, the credits are for each individual and I was able to use the whole amount for my cruise fare.  However, my husband (as the second discounted guest) was only able to use a portion of it and has a residual $490 FCC to be used at a later date.  I was told that he will receive this $490 FCC as a new certificate after the June 2022 sailing.  However, he just received the email below.  I already have a few cruises between February 2022 and June 2022.  I was not really interested in another cruise before September.  I plan on calling Royal Caribbean to clarify and just wondered if anyone else has experience with cruise credits that have residual amounts.  Below I have bolded a statement on the Royal Caribbean communication that seems to reinforce the usual process is to issue the residual amount after the cruise is complete.  I hope this post actually makes sense to someone who can answer the question.

Take care all,

Kathy

Dear Guest,

We've reviewed your new booking and noticed you have a remaining Future Cruise Credit balance for your Cruise with Confidence credit. Please find the remaining value, the terms, and how to apply your credit below for your reference.

Booking ID    Guest Name    Certificate Number    Certificate Amount    Currency    Sail By Date (30 Sept 2022)    Expiration Date (April 30 2022)

There is more details provided and also the following:

Here are some details and the terms & conditions of your FCCs:
Valid on bookings created on or after March 6, 2020 and existing bookings not yet paid to full.
Any booking made using this FCC must be used for a sailing that commences on or before the sail by date indicated above and must be redeemed by the expiration date in the certificate.
If the FCC is not redeemed on or before the expiration shown above, the certificate will automatically expire and have no value.
Future Cruise Credits are per person, per booking, and valid only for the person noted above. FCCs are redeemable towards cruise fare only and are not valid on Complimentary cruises, Incentive bookings, and Charter sailings.
All guests are responsible for taxes and fees, where applicable.
Royal Caribbean International reserves the right to void the FCC Savings amount if the guest named above receives another form of compensation, including claiming through our travel protection.
If there is a remaining balance once you redeem your FCC, you'll receive the balance in a new FCC after you complete the sailing it is used to sail on.
FCCs are only valid for the cruises on Royal Caribbean International ships, are not transferable, and may not be redeemed for cash.
The Cruise with Confidence FCC cannot be redeemed to repurchase the same sailing where the original booking cancelled.
Additional terms and conditions apply.

They have changed how the FCC’s are reissued.  You no longer have to wait until the sailing is completed before the balance is reissued.  Once it’s reissued you can apply it to any cruise sailing before Sept 30, 3022.

Just now, Ourusualbeach said:

They have changed how the FCC’s are reissued.  You no longer have to wait until the sailing is completed before the balance is reissued.  Once it’s reissued you can apply it to any cruise sailing before Sept 30, 3022.

Thanks for the speedy reply.  In my case I wish they didn't do that as all 3 of my booked cruises have FCC applied to them already so I would need to book another one which I do not want to do as I have some land based vacations as well.  Unless, they have also changed the ability to combine more than 1 FCC/cruse. (Wishful thinking) 😀

2 minutes ago, cruisekap said:

Thanks for the speedy reply.  In my case I wish they didn't do that as all 3 of my booked cruises have FCC applied to them already so I would need to book another one which I do not want to do as I have some land based vacations as well.  Unless, they have also changed the ability to combine more than 1 FCC/cruse. (Wishful thinking) 😀

If there is still an outstanding balance on those cruises you can apply the FCC.  FCC’s are now able to be stacked.

• Like 1

Just now, Ourusualbeach said:

If there is still an outstanding balance on those cruises you can apply the FCC.  FCC’s are now able to be stacked.

Wow.  Thanks so much for the response.  I will definitely apply it to one of the other cruise.  Take care.

• Like 1