Concierge Cabins, Sihouette, Deck 10

ghdool

Before I book, can anyone give me some suggestions for quiet concierge cabins, mid deck on Deck 10 of Silhouette? I have checked out the deck plans and I have seen what is available online as of now on a cruise we are interested in.  I wish CC would provide info on their online deck plans as to what is on the other side of each cabin. There are so many that have a white space on the plan, opposite the cabins, but you do not know what is there until its too late and you are on the ship. I am especially trying to avoid a room, where the staff have equipment opposite the cabin. I know about cabins that are opposite a blank wall on the plan, where it contains cabins with the door facing away from your cabin and their door faces the cabins on the other side of the corridor. I would think those would be pretty quiet, but there aren't a lot of those on the plan that are available right now, mid ship on deck 10.

I can get cabin 1215 right now, which is like the one I described, opposite the blank wall on the plan, but it is the last of those cabins where their door faces the opposite corridor and I do not know what is next on that blank space on the plan. I can see from the plan that there are several cabins available further away from elevators and stairs, opposite the blank space on the plan, like cabins 1205, 1066, 1097, 1076. It would not bother me to be further from the elevator and stairs, as long as the cabin is still mid ship.

Thank you for any feedback you can give me.

I think 1215 should work for you.  There are inside cabins across from there, but the entrance is on the starboard side.  You have staterooms above and below you, so it should be a quiet room.

I am not aware of a site that shows where all the supply cabinet rooms are located, but it should not be a bother.

6 hours ago, ghdool said:

Thank you for any feedback you can give me.

If you haven't already done so, please take a look at the S-class cabin sticky and spreadsheet; there are comments on a number of the staterooms you are considering.    (Deck 10 is a great deck on the Silhouette, BTW.) 

Crew equipment/housekeeping lockers etc are at either end of the corridor you are interested in, there are none in the middle of that corridor which is actually very quiet. There is however a crew staircase which is situated approx opposite 1097, 1099, the only time this has any noticeable noise is at the start and end of the cruuise when the luggage is being brought to or collected from cabins.

We normally stay in cabins around about 1205 and they are perfectly quiet.

My wife and I have been on over 20 S-Class itineraries over the years.  We always get the concierge cabins on the port side from 1205 through 1215, that is, we normally get 1207, but have also stayed in 1203, 1205, 1209, 1211, and 1215.  There is no 1213.  

Probably 80 % of the time we are in 1207.  1203, 1207, and 1211 have the bed by the closet, with 1205, 1209, and 1215 having the bed by the balcony. 

Some of the rooms have the crew staircase across from you, but this has never been a problem.  

These are great rooms.  You have rooms above (Aqua Class) and rooms below.  You are mid-ship, very close to stairs and elevators mid-ship, and an easy walk forward to those stairs and elevators.  The library is on our deck, very close to your rooms, but not right next to.

You are close to the stairs mid-ship, and an easy walk up two or three decks to get to the Oceanview Café or the pool.  On two of the S-class, the pool and buffet are on different decks.  

We believe these to be the best cabins on the ship, even better than Aqua class on Deck 11, as the pool is right above you, or even suites, because we do not need all that butler stuff.

The concierge cabins on S-Class are no bigger than the regular balcony cabins, but the towels are bigger and fluffier, as are the robes.  (You also get a bigger and better carry-on bag for your towels and stuff for excursions) And, in the past, the toiletries have been better than regular cabins, but this is in a state of flux right now, as Celebrity seems to be getting away from the individual bottles of shampoo and conditioner and going with the huge bottles.  

We love  the cabins you are considering.