Status match discount vs. retired military discount?

BDL

Hi - We are new to MSC and have already submitted for status match to our RCL Diamond status.  It's my understanding that would get us Gold on MSC and a 5% discount.   I've also heard that the (retired) military discount is 10%.  We'll be in the yacht club on our first scheduled cruise for this fall.  I'm thinking these two discounts cannot be combined.  Is that correct?   Any advice would be appreciated.  We're very  much looking forward to our first MSC cruise.  We've even booked a second for early next year! 

Thanks,
Barb

44 minutes ago, BDL said:

Hi - We are new to MSC and have already submitted for status match to our RCL Diamond status.  It's my understanding that would get us Gold on MSC and a 5% discount.   I've also heard that the (retired) military discount is 10%.  We'll be in the yacht club on our first scheduled cruise for this fall.  I'm thinking these two discounts cannot be combined.  Is that correct?   Any advice would be appreciated.  We're very  much looking forward to our first MSC cruise.  We've even booked a second for early next year! 

Thanks,
Barb

Barb,

You're correct that the military discount can't be combined with the 5% discount.  But you can check the 5/10% or 5/15% discounts to see if your sailing is in either of those specials.

Here's the link to the 5/15% discount:

https://www.msccruisesusa.com/manage-booking/msc-voyagers-club/msc-club-pax-type-515

You'll notice there's also a link for the 5/10% discount above the Search section.

-Mark

17 hours ago, BDL said:

Thanks,
Barb

Military discount is the same as what you will receive with the GOLD. They do not combine them. So basically the Military discount is bogus. You should receive 5% and 10% off once you have the Gold and then book.

• Like 1

This is what I received on my current booking after I applied and received GOLD status. This is part of an email from my TA. So a total of $100.00 OBC per person.

"Got it taken care care of, however this particular sailing is only giving an extra 10%. So you're now getting the 5% Club Member Discount plus the additional 10% plus the $50.00 pp OBC and an additional $50.00 pp OBC for being a Gold member."

• Like 1