Third Passenger Cancellation

AceMonkey

Hi!

Would anyone happen to know what happens if a Third passenger cancels their cruise?  How does that affect the other two passengers in the room?  Would it affect the other two passengers cruise rate?  Just curious what the end result would be because the third person in my party wants to cancel and we are trying to talk her out of it.  Cruise is in July and she has till the end of the month to cancel.  Thanks!

Same thing for us in August. My pvp said it will cost $50 per person cancellation fee and they loose their obc. I asked the same question on here and a few people said to do it at the pier as a no show. My opinion it will be easier and less time consuming to do it before. I am waiting a little longer before I adjust everything to make sure Cruise is a go in August.

5 minutes ago, AceMonkey said:

That's kind of what I thought.  I figured that third passenger would lose her deposit.  I agree it would be easier to take care of it prior to embarkation day.

$50 I guess is better than a $100 

I am just thinking it would take awhile at the pier. My pvp also said that our sailing is sold out no double occupancy rooms to move to!

1 hour ago, AceMonkey said:

Hi!

Would anyone happen to know what happens if a Third passenger cancels their cruise?  How does that affect the other two passengers in the room?  Would it affect the other two passengers cruise rate?  Just curious what the end result would be because the third person in my party wants to cancel and we are trying to talk her out of it.  Cruise is in July and she has till the end of the month to cancel.  Thanks!

What ship? Good chance most ships wouldnt go and you will get cancelled.

I'm carefully watching for vista news ... so far none.

17 minutes ago, AceMonkey said:

Carnival Breeze - July 19th

I did a mock booking and current prices show third person fare is lower than the other 2 people. Depending if she paid the going third person fare or 1/3 of the total could effect the adjusted fares if she cancels. The average fare per person is less for 3 than it is for double occupancy. So, your fare could increase if she cancels.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, AceMonkey said:

Carnival Breeze - July 19th

She wouldn't want to be a no show if she can cancel and get a full refund. Cancel at this late date normally would lose her money, can't blame her if they allow her to cancel with no penalty because of Covid related relaxation of policy.

add: guess penalty is $50 mentioned above

Edited by mondello
Addition

5 minutes ago, AceMonkey said:

That is what I am afraid of.  I'm afraid that the cruise fare is going to increase.  I'm about to call Carnival on my lunch break and I'll post what they tell me. 

Your share is easy to figure out, I'm assuming she paid 1/3 of the total, lowering your average per person cost. If Carnival cancels, the 2 of you would split OBC offered to rebook, but looks like Galveston may restart in July.

3 hours ago, helene109 said:

$50 I guess is better than a $100 

I am just thinking it would take awhile at the pier. My pvp also said that our sailing is sold out no double occupancy rooms to move to!

"Sold out" does not mean no vacant cabins.  There will be two person cabins and if you cancel 3rd person prior to boarding, there is always a possibility you will be moved.  

• Thanks 1

I called Carnival and this is what I was told:  Third person will get a refund minus a $139 cancellation fee.  My friend and I will be moved to a room that accommodates 2 people and we will not incur any fees.  Representative said that the 2 person cabin should even be cheaper and that we might even get a little money back, but he wasn't able to 100% confirm without going through the cancellation process and I didn't want to do that before discussing our options with my room mates.