First time on Norwegian

sseknichols

Thank you all so much for the great information!  We also booked airfare through NCL.  I have always done my own but between Second Person Flies Free, a relatively small airport, and it being spring break season, trying to get my own was running double what NCL was giving me.  I know I can't control times and seats (at least I don't think I can on seats) but is there any kind of other information I should know? 

We are flying in the day before.  Would I assume that we will likely get in late?  Also, on our reservations packet it says that we are connecting through Chicago.  I believe I read that they don't really set that all up until about 60 days prior to the cruise.  So would that be accurate or is it more of a placeholder?

Thanks again and sorry to ask so many goofy questions - I must be more excited to get out than I'm willing to admit.  🤪

• Like 1

It's a placeholder. When it gets close to that 60 day mark, keep checking your account for your edocs. Once they're there, you can find the airline record locator number. Depending on the airline you can pick seats (sometimes for a fee, sometimes free - depends on the airline) or upgrade seats to comfort +.

40 minutes ago, sseknichols said:

Thank you all so much for the great information!  We also booked airfare through NCL.  I have always done my own but between Second Person Flies Free, a relatively small airport, and it being spring break season, trying to get my own was running double what NCL was giving me.  I know I can't control times and seats (at least I don't think I can on seats) but is there any kind of other information I should know? 

We are flying in the day before.  Would I assume that we will likely get in late?  Also, on our reservations packet it says that we are connecting through Chicago.  I believe I read that they don't really set that all up until about 60 days prior to the cruise.  So would that be accurate or is it more of a placeholder?

Thanks again and sorry to ask so many goofy questions - I must be more excited to get out than I'm willing to admit.  🤪

First, I have been on both Carnival and NCL.  NCL has way better entertainment and Carnival has way better pizza. Other than that,  more similarities than differences (though I sail solo and NCL is much better to the solo crowd).

As far as airfare, I am doing NCL airfare for my Epic cruise from Barcelona to Athens at the end of the year.  It was so super cheap, even for a solo, that I gave up my death grip on doing my own flights.  I have a placeholder that I am sure is going to be changed when the flights are actually booked.  Once your flight is booked, you can contact the airline to pick out your seats and upgrade if available. You should know the exact flights after final payment so typically between 30-60 days before the cruise.  I am hoping for Delta because I have status with them and can easily upgrade and not pay for baggage.  But I will be happy with what I get for what I paid.

• 7 months later...
10 hours ago, sseknichols said:

Thanks everyone!!  We are just 61 days out and I am so ready to get away from cold and snow and back out to the sea again.

It's currently about -6F here so the same for us! We're heading out on MSC Seashore in 11(!!!) days and it can't get here soon enough. I hope your first journey with NCL is great! Our fave restaurant is Le Bistro, but when we were on the Escape we enjoyed every specialty restaurant we went to.

Edited by karmamule