My Dresses for Formal Nights

HstTeacher

Hey I have the 1st dress in red! I am wearing it in a wedding at the end of this summer. I think the bride will have a fit if I wear it before the wedding and spill something on it. (I cruise in March) Oh well. Wear it proud for me!

~K

Hey I have the 1st dress in red! I am wearing it in a wedding at the end of this summer. I think the bride will have a fit if I wear it before the wedding and spill something on it. (I cruise in March) Oh well. Wear it proud for me!

~K

That'll just give you an excuse to book another cruise :D

I wear red formals a lot as well. They look great. I would pass on a shawl unless you see as a must. I think it takes away from a strapless dress too much.

Lookin' good, you're set for the cruise!

The first dress is GORGEOUS! I love the color, the style, everything. I notice that the model's not wearing any jewlery -- I think that's perfect for this dress. The color is the stand-out item; jewelry would just detract.

I think the second one's a bit plain.

Classic and understated. I'm not one who likes a lot of beads and sequins, I prefer a little more plain, like these examples. I think your own beauty should show through, too much sparkly takes away from the person themselves.

For jewelry I'd do a drop style earring with the red, no necklace, the second a simple diamond necklace and earrings.

Make sure you wear a well fitted strapless bra and take the dresses to a tailor or dressmaker to have the bodice fitted to you as well. It's so unattractive to watch a woman adjusting her clothes all night.

You have very good taste!

All the dresses I've viewed on here are absolutely gorgeous....and a bit nicer than the one I have. My BF and I promised my parents that we would dress up one evening. This is the only dress I have, is it ok?

Thanks,

Pamela

158411.jpg

Very pretty. I'd dress it up with some strappy sandals and bling and do something special with your hair.

Very pretty. I'd dress it up with some strappy sandals and bling and do something special with your hair.
I agree. The plain hair and corporate shoes don't show this dress to its best advantage. It'd be immeasurably nicer with silver strappy sandals, a nice necklace, and an up-do hairstyle. Very nice color -- it'll stand out!

Archived