Forward mini suites on Sky

brovol

Just booked a mini suite (MF) in the forward quarter of Emerald deck (E206) on the Sky Princess.  Looking at ship photos, and counting cabins from the front, it looks like we will be well clear of the lifeboats, and should be able to look directly down from our balcony to the sea. But I am wondering whether our balcony will be covered, or will be open. We would much prefer it to be covered. Anyone know, one way or another?

Your balcony will be covered, but I think you won't be able to look directly down to the sea. You're forward of the lifeboats, but looking at photos and deckplans on cruisedeckplans.com, it looks like there's a walkway that runs down the ship. Hard to describe. I could be wrong on this, but it sure looks to me like you'll be looking out over this walkway.

18 hours ago, Sea Hag said:

Your balcony will be covered, but I think you won't be able to look directly down to the sea. You're forward of the lifeboats, but looking at photos and deckplans on cruisedeckplans.com, it looks like there's a walkway that runs down the ship. Hard to describe. I could be wrong on this, but it sure looks to me like you'll be looking out over this walkway.

Actually, looking at pictures of ship exterior, I am now concluding that the balcony is extended beyond the balconies above, and is not covered. Contemplating moving my cabin.  

18 hours ago, Sea Hag said:

Just wanted to thank you Sea Hag.  The deck plan site answered my questions.  Thanks.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, brovol said:

Actually, looking at pictures of ship exterior, I am now concluding that the balcony is extended beyond the balconies above, and is not covered. Contemplating moving my cabin.  

I'm basing my comment about the walkway and not being able to look straight down partly on deckplans and partly on a couple of photos of the cabin next to yours. Those photos, on cruisedeckplans, are of the Royal since there aren't any yet of the Sky, but it should be the same for the Sky. The photos, from the balcony of the cabin next to yours show a walkway on the other side of the balcony rail. Actually, the show fairly well that the cabins in that vicinity have covered balconies. I hope you work out the best cabin for your cruise. 😀

1 hour ago, Sea Hag said:

I'm basing my comment about the walkway and not being able to look straight down partly on deckplans and partly on a couple of photos of the cabin next to yours. Those photos, on cruisedeckplans, are of the Royal since there aren't any yet of the Sky, but it should be the same for the Sky. The photos, from the balcony of the cabin next to yours show a walkway on the other side of the balcony rail. Actually, the show fairly well that the cabins in that vicinity have covered balconies. I hope you work out the best cabin for your cruise. 😀

It looks like the Royal class ships are different on the emerald deck after the Regal and Royal were built.  Not even the same cabin categories.  Looks like when the Majestic was built, and thereafter, they bumped the emerald deck out to match the width of the promenade deck below. thus the difference between what I was seeing and what is depicted on cruisedeckplans.com for the Royal.  Thanks though.

• Like 1