Crown Plaza, San Pedro

Packman1000

We are going on a Princess cruise in November and driving to the port the day before boarding.  I have stayed at the Best Western Plus before, but am considering the Crown Plaza this time since it's closer to the port and to restaurants.  I have found that they have a park-and-go option at the Crown, but it also says on their website that they charge $15/day while checked into the hotel.  So I assume I would pay the one night rate, plus the park and go rate, plus the $15 which totals about $250 +tax.   Does that seem correct?  I am also very picky about my car and wondered how their parking works for the week it is in their lot.  Is is underground parking and secure?  Is it valet or self park?  And do you need to leave your car keys with the hotel while on the cruise or can you just come back and get your car, like I did at the Best Western?  If there is any other advice about this, please let me know.  Thanks

We are booked on the October 30 Majestic Princess...and, for this one, we've booked the Park 'n' Cruise deal at the Crowne Plaza.  Last time, just prior to the pandemic (January 2020), we cruised on Regal Princess and stayed at the Doubletree...so, the comparison will be interesting.

My understanding is that, for the CP Park 'n' Cruise, the parking is in the underground garage and you leave your keys with the hotel valet.

My booking confirmation states:

"Rate Description: Package includes overnight accommodations and parking for ONE VEHICLE for up to 15 nights. Additional nights of parking will be charged 21 dollars plus tax per night.

Daily Parking Fee: $15.00 (USD)"

I read this as parking for up to 15 nights--which would include that first night while staying at the hotel--is INCLUDED in the rate...So, in our case, we'll be parked a total of 8 nights--one the hotel night and 7 during the cruise--which is well within the 15 so NO additional parking charges whether it be $15 or $21.  That would only take effect if we had a cruise of longer than 14 nights.

For comparison, for our stay at the Doubletree last time, parking was in an outdoor lot at the hotel and we self-parked, locked our car and kept our keys.  I actually like the Doubletree a little more than the CP for the hotel itself--so long as I have my car and can get anywhere I want anyway.   But, for this one, we got such a good rate on the Park 'n' Cruise at the CP that I couldn't pass it up...We booked it early on and got the rate of $149 for the night--$172 with tax (Yes, pays to book earlier since prices inevitably go up).  Considering parking at the pier is now $20 per day, it would be $140 just to park at the pier, so this is like getting the hotel for $32.

• Like 2

Steve, thanks for your info.  I hope you are correct about the one day parking fee of $15.  It's not a big deal, but the Crowne's web site says that the daily parking fee is assessed "when checked in" at the hotel.  So I would think they would charge that extra fee of $15.  Just a sneaky way of getting a few extra bucks.  In any case I just booked it today for $219 plus tax of $34, which includes the week of parking while cruising.  And free cancellation is a nice benefit too!  Have fun on your cruise.