Celebrity Website Says Millennium/Summit Out of St. Maarten 8/14-8/21 Cancelled?

tymike

11 minutes ago, mayleeman said:

Reminds me of the early days on Southwest when you chose your seats onboard. People first in line at the gate (we often got there 4 hours early) got first pick.

But when they changed gates at the last second, people at the back of the line were out in the hallways and ended up first in the new line.

It kind of does feel like that lol.  Because I was in the know early because of the email and CC, I was able to snag a better cabin.  Celebrity should have locked down those bookings, and they didn't even care.
Waiting around for the cruiseline to make it happen seemed foolish to me. 

@Smmessineo tried to shame me for being proactive, and called me a piece of work.  Well guess what?  You are wrong.  And you should apologize for saying that.

45 minutes ago, iamaqt2 said:

Celebrity was very specific that they weren't protecting staterooms in their email.  They didn't even try to hide it.

Specific to your future sailing in Alaska, our adjusted plans will require a change of ship to Celebrity Millennium which has also recently been refreshed and revolutionized. Your departure date from Seattle, cruise itinerary and stateroom category will all remain the same. No further action needs to be taken on your part as our Customer Service Teams are working to automatically move your reservation to Celebrity Millennium. Once the process is complete you will receive a refreshed booking invoice via email with your new stateroom number. We anticipate it will take us a few weeks to complete all transactions. Feel free to log-in to your My Celebrity account within the coming weeks and check out everything Celebrity Millennium has to offer.

Yeah, I read that, too.   I was told by a couple of different people from X that the stateroom would be the same. So, I don't know.  We're on 7/31 so it could be awhile before my check in stops saying check in checked out.

Since the ships are pretty much identical, I would have thought it would have made their work easer to keep the same number.

Edited by abbydancer

11 minutes ago, abbydancer said:

Yeah, I read that, too.   I was told by a couple of different people from X that the stateroom would be the same. So, I don't know.  We're on 7/31 so it could be awhile before my check in stops saying check in checked out.

Since the ships are pretty much identical, I would have thought it would have made their work easer to keep the same number.

I think if you're in a suite, that your chance of keeping your cabin is protected.  All lower categories all bets are off.

Our August Caribbean cruise is changing ships. Thanks to this thread I went online and did a mock booking since we picked an Aft class balcony and liked out cabin location. Good thing since our cabin was available for a new booking. Called Celebrity and at first was told not to worry we would be moved over. When I pointed out yes but it doesn’t say same cabin, the agent had to call someone and hopefully our same cabin is now held. It does show unavailable now. I realize cruise lines are working hard and things are changing constantly for them so trying to stay flexible. I do fear that if people don’t get the Cabinda they had booked there will be hell to pay!

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, VOLEYMOM said:

Our August Caribbean cruise is changing ships. Thanks to this thread I went online and did a mock booking since we picked an Aft class balcony and liked out cabin location. Good thing since our cabin was available for a new booking. Called Celebrity and at first was told not to worry we would be moved over. When I pointed out yes but it doesn’t say same cabin, the agent had to call someone and hopefully our same cabin is now held. It does show unavailable now. I realize cruise lines are working hard and things are changing constantly for them so trying to stay flexible. I do fear that if people don’t get the Cabinda they had booked there will be hell to pay!

Celebrity made sure to cover their behinds with that same category statement.

Hi all...

OP here...

I just got off the phone with Blue Chip.  The rep was very nice, professional etc. but seemed surprised (?) that our email says that a communication with a new stateroom number will be forthcoming.  She stated that she hopes that all available suites are only guarantee right now because they are holding suites already booked, but it was a guess.

I know it won't make any difference, but I asked her to note my account that I want my chosen and paid for cabin. 

I also realized that, of course, Celebrity did this after final payment so canceling isn't really a viable option.  Very disappointed in this seemingly underhanded tactic.

I will continue to monitor the website;  the rep said it could take several weeks for all the bookings to move over to the new ship.  Honestly, I find it difficult to believe it's that difficult to just migrate all bookings between the sister ships, but I'm also not a computer savvy person!

I hope all this ends well for all of us affected by the change in ship.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, tymike said:

Hi all...

OP here...

I just got off the phone with Blue Chip.  The rep was very nice, professional etc. but seemed surprised (?) that our email says that a communication with a new stateroom number will be forthcoming.  She stated that she hopes that all available suites are only guarantee right now because they are holding suites already booked, but it was a guess.

I know it won't make any difference, but I asked her to note my account that I want my chosen and paid for cabin. 

I also realized that, of course, Celebrity did this after final payment so canceling isn't really a viable option.  Very disappointed in this seemingly underhanded tactic.

I will continue to monitor the website;  the rep said it could take several weeks for all the bookings to move over to the new ship.  Honestly, I find it difficult to believe it's that difficult to just migrate all bookings between the sister ships, but I'm also not a computer savvy person!

I hope all this ends well for all of us affected by the change in ship.

tymike it appears that perhaps suite bookings are being protected, and anything below A1 is not.  Those are the categories that fully opened up to new bookings.  I truly hope you get your original cabin.  I was easily able to move my booking to a new cabin because they were available to anyone doing a new booking.  But I'm only in a balcony stateroom.  

• Haha 1

We are doing B2B in August. I checked this morning and the cabins I had reserved on the Millennium for each cruise, oversized balcony, show as unavailable on the Summit. Many more unavailable cabins than could possibly have been booked since the change of ship was announced. Hoping that’s a good sign.