Christmas Cruise Ovation of the Seas 2021

Hi Everyone,

Just seeing how many of you are either considering or have booked on the Great Barrier reef cruise over Christmas 2021?

I've travelled on this ship for Christmas in 2019 and it was amazing, so happy to answer any questions!

22 minutes ago, Cruizmamma said:

Hi Everyone,

Just seeing how many of you are either considering or have booked on the Great Barrier reef cruise over Christmas 2021?

I've travelled on this ship for Christmas in 2019 and it was amazing, so happy to answer any questions!

Welcome to cruise critic.

I think you can be confident it won’t be happening.

The Cruise ban comes up Thursday week and even if they say yes ,the cruises they have been selling are at full capacity.

That won’t happen.

Some ships are planning to sail at 15% capacity in the UK.

We May get some at 50% and they will be test cruises.

I actually have Ovation for next Christmas booked! It’s a 12 night to NZ. I went on voyager South Pacific Christmas cruise 2019 too. The Christmas 2022 cruise I have booked is only a back up in case my Jan NZ cruise is cancelled. BUT if I do end up going on it there is one thing I’ve learned about Christmas cruises from my last cruise; being in port on public holidays is no fun. Everything is closed, and your excursion choices are limited to the ship sponsored tours only. My 22’ cruise has sea days for Christmas Eve through Boxing Day (technically scenic cruising for Boxing Day) which I think will be ideal.