Air2Sea / CWC Policy

I'm considering booking one of the  July Adventure sailings out of Nassau using Air2Sea.  If I decide to cancel the cruise at least 48 hours before sailing, will I incur cancellation fees with the Air? I spoke with Air2Sea and they told me to check the "Baggage and Change Fees" link from the ChoiceAir search page and that is what would apply. This is what that link shows.

REFUNDABLE

RCCL now lets you change or cancel your flight

for free outside 90 days of departure.

The Air2Sea agent told me because it stated REFUNDABLE no fees would apply. I'm a little skeptical of his answer that no fees would apply. Does the "Refundable" statement apply up  to 48 hours before sailing same as the cruise? Thanks.

36 minutes ago, kpauley said:

I'm considering booking one of the  July Adventure sailings out of Nassau using Air2Sea.  If I decide to cancel the cruise at least 48 hours before sailing, will I incur cancellation fees with the Air? I spoke with Air2Sea and they told me to check the "Baggage and Change Fees" link from the ChoiceAir search page and that is what would apply. This is what that link shows.

REFUNDABLE

RCCL now lets you change or cancel your flight

for free outside 90 days of departure.

The Air2Sea agent told me because it stated REFUNDABLE no fees would apply. I'm a little skeptical of his answer that no fees would apply. Does the "Refundable" statement apply up  to 48 hours before sailing same as the cruise? Thanks.

The “refundable with fees” flights can be cancelled or changed after ticketing, but usually incur a small fee of $200-$250 per person.  If you book a flight that is non refundable, then you have to go through the airline for a travel credit.   Now that is in normal times. 

If a sailing is suspended, then your cancel/change fee is waived on the “refundable with fees” tickets.  

When CWC was first introduced, the cancel fees for the refundable tickets were waived, if you took the CWC option.  I’ve seen posters say that they haven’t been able to get this in writing. 

So if you book a refundable flight with Air2Sea do it on the phone.  Ask about the CWC policy.  If they tell you the fees will be waived, then write down the name of the person you spoke to, as well as the date and time.  All calls are recorded, and they will usually honor a verbal promise.  

I have been told the same thing about Air2Sea and CWC. I am probably going to put one in under it shortly and will see what happens? Hopefully they either refund or issue the FCC for air. I will update on the final results when I do it next month. I don't want to give up Adventure until I know the FL Ports are definitely sailing.

8 hours ago, JsMom2 said:

The “refundable with fees” flights can be cancelled or changed after ticketing, but usually incur a small fee of $200-$250 per person.  

Interesting that you consider that amount to be small when it could very well exceed the cost of the ticket itself.

• Like 1