Penthouse A Explorer Question

We are looking at Penthouses on the Explorer.  It seems to me that there is quite a difference in balcony size (width) according to the deck plans.  As an example for the Penthouse A rooms, the balconies on deck 14 look very narrow and the ones on decks 9 and 10 much wider.   I tried to so some sleuthing via Suite Guru.  I know for example the balcony on Penthouse B, room 818 sounds great. It looks like the wider balcony size.  Balconies might not mean much to some but for sailings in the Caribbean, which we have planned, the bigger the better in my view.  

Does anyone have info to share here?   Thanks in advance.  

Looking forward to setting sail again in 6 months!  Yahoo.  

Aloha, GolfGirls,

My wife and I spent 12 wonderful nights in PH B 818 on Explorer in 2013 cruising the Baltics.   As you have sensed, there are deep balconies and shallow balconies.  They are all the same width.  We loved the extra space but only really used it when we had guests for port sail aways and afternoon drinks. Usually we were seated at the table which would have been ample in either size balcony.

We are spoiled though.  For a British Isles cruise in 2022 we are in a Concierge E suite and my TA has instructions to look for a PH to upgrade to.  But only if it has the deep balcony.  Reason being the Concierge E has a deep balcony already [though narrower] and we have BFFs sailing with us that we would hangout with on the big balcony…

DSC04065.jpg

DSC04064.jpg

Edited by daetchief
Photos

daetchief:  

re:  2013 on that Explorer Baltics cruise--

That would have been something!  Explorer began cruising in 2017.  We had two segments during that inaugural Season.    

That said:  Have only had one previous Penthouse on Explorer.  The balcony size was not a consideration.  We will be (hopefully) back on Explorer late this October for TA to Miami.  This was to have been on Mariner.  But---

Our exact Penthouse Suite assignment remains in limbo.  Frankly, whether A, B, or C. makes little difference.  It is the interior layout we like.  

GOARMY!

I was wondering how long it would take for someone to notice…

It was in 2017.   I was telling someone about a Med Cruise on the Mariner and I guess I got 2013 in mind.

Still, it’s a great place to view the world…