3 hours ago, Turtles06 said:

We've been on four TAs with Celebrity (including two on the Silhouette) and the clocks have always been changed in the middle of the night.   Our very first TA, which happened to be on the Celebrity Eclipse, was an eastbound.  Going into it, we didn't think that losing an hour here or there would be a big deal, but with four or five days in a row like that it turned out to be more tiring than we'd anticipated.  It's one reason we prefer westbounds.  

Traditionally cloxs were usually always changed at 02:00, regardless of whether the ship is Eastbound or Westbound. However, a number of Masters now prefer Noon when Eastbound, as it makes it easier to meet the crew hours of rest requirements of MLC 2006.

Don't know any Celebrity Masters, so not aware if any of them have used Noon E'bd. However, I know a number of P&O/Princess/Cunard Masters that use Noon. 

6 hours ago, Heidi13 said:

Traditionally cloxs were usually always changed at 02:00, regardless of whether the ship is Eastbound or Westbound. However, a number of Masters now prefer Noon when Eastbound, as it makes it easier to meet the crew hours of rest requirements of MLC 2006.

Don't know any Celebrity Masters, so not aware if any of them have used Noon E'bd. However, I know a number of P&O/Princess/Cunard Masters that use Noon. 

Thanks for that info. I’m aware that the masters on some cruise lines change the clocks during the day. But since the OP is contemplating a TA on Celebrity, I just wanted to let them know that on the four TAs we’ve taken on Celebrity, including an eastbound, the clocks were changed in the middle of the night. I will add to this that I don’t recall ever reading on the Celebrity board of any masters changing the clocks at noon. Doesn’t mean it hasn’t happened or won’t happen in the future. 

• Like 1