Carry On vs Checked Baggage

Qwltngcruiser

Thanks everyone!

Yeah, I meant “checked” luggage to be that on the airplane, not the ship. I don’t have any problem with the ship crew delivering our bags. But I’ve read that you should have a small bag to carry onto the ship when you leave your main bags with the porter so that you have some necessities until your other bags get to your cabin. If we chose to use carry-on sized bags for our main luggage, we’d be stuck to small backpacks to stash under the seats to carry those necessities. I wasn’t sure if we could fit enough of what we might need in small backpacks while we wait for our other bags to get delivered to our rooms. Just didn’t know how quickly they got delivered. Most of what I’m reading about is on much bigger cruise ships, so it’s hard to compare being new and all. But thank you all for your advice!  I really do appreciate it. Now we have to see if we can really fit it all into two carry-ons 😂

The couple of times we have been on the large ships I had to go looking for bags at 8 that night.  Not with Azamara.  Bags are quickly delivered, likely before you get finished with lunch. The carryon I keep with me while waiting for our cabin and bags contains meds, jewelry, camera, jacket or sweater.

• Like 2