Seabourn excursions pay before cruise then when onboard swap to pay with shipboard credit

Borna

Seabourn requires payment of excursions BEFORE the cruise with a credit card and doesn't allow passengers to use shipboard credit to pay for excursions BEFORE the cruise with shipboard credit.  

A Seabourn representative told me that there is a way around this and to use shipboard credit to pay for excursions.  She said that I should pay for the excursion BEFORE the cruise with a credit card (which guarantees your spot on the excursion).  Once on board, go to Seabourn square excursion desk and tell the desk to SWAP your pre-paid excursion with payment from your shipboard credit.  Your credit card that paid for the excursion BEFORE the cruise will be refunded and your excursion will be paid with your shipboard credit.

Has anyone done this or heard about this?  Just want to make sure this is true and legitimate before I do this.

Yes, it seems a bit odd, but we've done this on every Seabourn cruise we've been on. It's no problem, and taken care of in seconds.

Before our first Seabourn cruise, I worried that they'd be essentially canceling our excursion and then re-booking it -- and if it was sold out/waitlisted, this might be a problem. I'm not sure how their computer systems handle this, but I can only say it's never been a problem.