NCL Star 11/13/21 sailing from Lisbon

cruiseanon32

I just checked my reservation online, there is a message that says the cruise is on hold. I spoke to the agent and here is her reply

With the COVID-19 pandemic continuing to impact communities and ports around the globe, we are working to determine our next course of action. While we evaluate the opportunity to resume with sailings, we have temporarily frozen voyages that might be impacted should we need to delay sailing further. Please bear with us. We will make a decision shortly and will provide information as it becomes available.   It goes without saying that our first priority is always the safety, security and well-being of our guests, team members and all those in the communities we visit; our teams are working around the clock to do what is right for our guests and travel partners.  We continue to closely monitor the COVID-19 coronavirus situation and consult with global public health authorities including The World Health Organization (WHO) and the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and we will take action as necessary.   Please know that we remain optimistic and look forward to welcoming our guests onboard again in the near future.

I just spoke with my NCL cruise consultant and was informed that my cruise on Norwegian Star 12/11/21 Rio to Santiago (B2B). Has been frozen by cruise line and that is because "NCL is evaluating suspending this journey and if they do I will receive an email tomorrow"

Hahahahahaha

Sorry, that was meant to come across as a maniacal laughter circa Jack Nicholson as The Joker. I'm booked on the Star in May 2022 and have been waiting to see when they were going to "reposition" her and force me to rebook on another (higher priced) ship, like they did to my Greece sailing this fall. 

Just got off the phone with NCL a few hours ago because when they rebooked me from the Bliss to the Encore for August in Alaska they "accidentally" created a whole new lattitudes account for my husband reducing his status to "new cruiser" instead of gold. Turns out we had 2 unused FCC/10% off coupons on his "new" account that we never knew about, so I have to wait 48hrs for them to merge the 2 lattitudes accounts together so we can use the certificates that we were never told we had after fighting with them for months claiming we don't see the certificates we were promised.

God I hate NCL. They're lucky they opened bookings for the Prima and it looks as nice as it does otherwise I would honestly be the next person on here claiming to never sail with them again.

For those who are about to go through the next wave of cancellations/repositioning/rebooking/uncertainty... I'm sorry. I feel your pain and it sucks donkey balls and is getting very old.

1 hour ago, Dgoddess61 said:

I just spoke with my NCL cruise consultant and was informed that my cruise on Norwegian Star 12/11/21 Rio to Santiago (B2B). Has been frozen by cruise line and that is because "NCL is evaluating suspending this journey and if they do I will receive an email tomorrow"

There is no sense in canceling a cruise that far out..... December?......🙄

52 minutes ago, mpdog42 said:

There is no sense in canceling a cruise that far out..... December?......🙄

Covid numbers are off the charts in some South American countries.. They have not procured the amount of Vaccines required for their populations, they also have very dispersed populations; so they cannot inoculate easily , it is at serious desperate levels.  Level 3 and 4 CDC Covid levels. We have been wondering why these countries have not been put  out on more news Alerts for travel and entry into the USA.  Maybe it is too political with our southern border issues (I am not being political - just stating medical facts and cautious to public health) and they do not want to cause a panic or elevate problems.

Of course December  may seem far away, but think of the US from last year until  now - with the best Medical technology in the world, as apposed to a very un-industrialized country with few doctors and very few vaccines per capita. ...  6 months is a sufficient time constraint to do a modeling projection for expected results.  These countries are truly suffering. 

Also I do not believe these itineraries were selling well, as travelers are more informed as to the countries they intend to visit, especially during the Pandemic.  The High Pandemic numbers would prevent people from booking for a multitude of reasons.

Big risks and costs for NCL, for little return= Cancel.

• Like 2

For an individual going on vacation December may seem a long way off. For a cruise line that has to do a lot of planning with ports for provisions and servicing December is almost yesterday.

South America is over with for 2021 and probably early 2022 for cruising. So is Asia, the South Pacific and the Middle East.