Where to rent a car for day?

Terab85

We'll be in Aruba in September for the day and want to rent a car to explore the island.  We found that we can rent a car at the airport but does anyone know if there is a car rental company closer to port?  Has anyone done this??

in January 2020, there were a few car rentals at the port.  My husband and I did this a couple of times and loved it.  We plan on renting a car again in March 2022 when we stop there.  Fyi-You cannot DRIVE to natural pool with the rental car.  But there's so many other neat things to see.  We like snorkeling so we made at least one stop a snorkeling stop.  It's very easy to drive in Aruba.

• 4 weeks later...
3 hours ago, Hawkgirl23 said:

Bumping to see if anyone has experience with the rental companies. I'm not finding great information online or in the forums. 

I answered you on the other post.  If you have difficulty, they have a lot of people renting cars at the port every time we stopped there on cruises.  Husband has to rent a car there for 3/2022 this weekend.  I'll share if we find anything.

On 7/15/2021 at 3:47 PM, Hawkgirl23 said:

Bumping to see if anyone has experience with the rental companies. I'm not finding great information online or in the forums. 

Husband just rented a car at avis at the airport for the day.  We will be there in March 2022.

We too are interested in knowing which car rental companies will meet us at the ship's port.  The airport is at least a mile away where most car rental companies are.  We would like to make a reservation and not depend on finding a car after disembarkation.  We are very familiar with Aruba as we winter there, but have no first-hand knowledge of which companies will meet at the ship's port.

Kathy

18 hours ago, kapitch said:

We too are interested in knowing which car rental companies will meet us at the ship's port.  The airport is at least a mile away where most car rental companies are.  We would like to make a reservation and not depend on finding a car after disembarkation.  We are very familiar with Aruba as we winter there, but have no first-hand knowledge of which companies will meet at the ship's port.

Kathy

one company did meet us at the port and then drove us to their office.  We did all paperwork there.  When we were done we drove back to office and the rep drove us to the port.  It was definitely less chaotic then the port.  I wish I could remember which car rental.  It was either avis or advance.  

• 1 month later...
On 7/20/2021 at 3:05 PM, jean87510 said:

one company did meet us at the port and then drove us to their office.  We did all paperwork there.  When we were done we drove back to office and the rep drove us to the port.  It was definitely less chaotic then the port.  I wish I could remember which car rental.  It was either avis or advance.  

Hello yall, did anyone figure out the name of the rental that does cruise pick up / shuttle? The wife and I are heading over to Aruba in 2022 and we really want to rent a car, but we do not want to go all the way to the airport.

22 minutes ago, Beach feels said:

Hello yall, did anyone figure out the name of the rental that does cruise pick up / shuttle? The wife and I are heading over to Aruba in 2022 and we really want to rent a car, but we do not want to go all the way to the airport.

it was carVenience Aruba. They met us right outside the entrance.  This was April, 2019.

• Thanks 1

Carvenience said they would get back to me and have not for 2 weeks! UGH. They also cancelled on a person just 3 days before they arrived! Guess I will be rolling the dice and hoping for a car at the port!!!!

20 hours ago, rkcmo said:

Carvenience said they would get back to me and have not for 2 weeks! UGH. They also cancelled on a person just 3 days before they arrived! Guess I will be rolling the dice and hoping for a car at the port!!!!

there is always car rentals at port.  Just make sure to use credit card and take a video.  I do this in the US and out of country.  Have been burnt in caribbean, mexico and Florida.  I take no chances.

• 1 month later...

We rented from Yes rental at the pier in 2019. It was not a good experience and I wouldn’t recommend it. I had reserved the car ahead of time via email. We were told to ask for Ricardo. When we got to the rental car area, no one could find Ricardo. This other man with a different rental car company shirt ended up giving us this really beat up car and agreed to the amount that we were told via emails. The whole experience seemed really shady and the car ended up being fine but I would not rent with them again.