Kids Backpack package - Too youthful for 11 yo boy?

pattie63

Hi - I was thinking of pre-ordering the kids backpack package (soda card, t-shirt, hat, backpack) as gifts for my 2 sons (8 and almost 11). I'm sure the 8 y.o. will enjoy it but I was wondering if it might be a bit small or immature for the boy who is almost 11. Any imput would be appreciate (a picture would be even better!!).

Thanks.

I'm looking at a picture of the back pack and it is pretty juvenile looking, definitely not for the 11 year old. It is all primary colors...blue front, with a green pocket on front and red along the sides and yellow around the zippers...It says kid's crew on the front. The baseball hat also says kids crew on it with a little ship drawn on it. In looking at this back pack I'm wondering if it may even be too young looking for an 8 year old.....

NCL does offer another back pack (Item #949) which is in navy blue that comes with a sports bottle for $24.95, and you can get just the drink card seperately.

:)

My son who is just about 8 has his from our Dawn cruise last June. He doesn't use it for school because it's too small. But, he still uses it when we go other places. He loves it. The backpack itself may be a bit youthful for 11yo, but the contents aren't. The ball cap is white. And, it comes with sunglasses (the ones like in Risky Business but colored), a plastic cup with a collapsable straw, a t-shirt which is all white, and of course the soda card. I would go ahead and get the package because it includes a date night for you and your SO. He can use the backpack just at home for storage or something. Or, he can give it to someone else if he wants to. You don't have to order it ahead of time. You'll fill out the paperwork the first night when you go to the Kids Crew orientation. So, he can see it for himself then and decide if it's too young for him.

Happy Sailing!:D

It is fun for the kids to have something in the room when they first walk in. We typically have done a bon voyage gift for them. You can even personalize it by writing a special note to them. That too, will be there with the gift.

My opinion is that the backpack is a bit young for the 11 year old.

The Kids backpack we received on our November 2005 cruise included a ball cap, drink cup, t-shirt, and the pack itself. The pack was small, mutli-colored (blue, red, yellow, green). The t-shirt and hat were pretty nice. I think that the 8 year-old would like it , but the 11 year-old may not.

Also, we ordered this through our TA and the TA had documentation of the transaction and name of the NCL party that assisted. The ship was never sent the information, and we had a minor bit of confusion and trouble with the $35 we spent not being found anywhere. I suggest that you just wait until you get onboard and take a look at them to see if the boys like them. If yes - you're good to go and can just buy them right then and there. If not, and you still want to get them a gift, jog on over to one of the shops onboard and you'll find plenty. You'll even find other packs, bags, etc. in the shops...

Archived