RT PCR requirement before cruising on Adventure OTS

Currently, an RT PCR test is required by RCI, even for fully vaccinated passengers, five days before arriving in the Bahamas before boarding the Adventure of the Seas.  My friend and I, who are fully vaccinated, will be arriving in the Bahamas on July 16 and then boarding the Crystal Serenity on July 17.  Crystal is not requiring a RT PCR test before boarding, but will do an antigen test prior to boarding.  We will then be sailing on the Adventure OTS on July 24, which means if we get a RT PCR test done 5 days before arriving in the Bahamas as RCI is requiring, our test results will be 13 days old by the time we board the Adventure OTS and completely useless and maybe not even acceptable to RCI for boarding.  We have tried to contact RCI about this situation and to see if they would accept the antigen test offered on day 5 of the Crystal Serenity cruise, but have gotten no response.  Does anyone have any suggestions as to how to solve this dilemma?

13 minutes ago, Vagabondvoyager said:

Currently, an RT PCR test is required by RCI, even for fully vaccinated passengers, five days before arriving in the Bahamas before boarding the Adventure of the Seas.  My friend and I, who are fully vaccinated, will be arriving in the Bahamas on July 16 and then boarding the Crystal Serenity on July 17.  Crystal is not requiring a RT PCR test before boarding, but will do an antigen test prior to boarding.  We will then be sailing on the Adventure OTS on July 24, which means if we get a RT PCR test done 5 days before arriving in the Bahamas as RCI is requiring, our test results will be 13 days old by the time we board the Adventure OTS and completely useless and maybe not even acceptable to RCI for boarding.  We have tried to contact RCI about this situation and to see if they would accept the antigen test offered on day 5 of the Crystal Serenity cruise, but have gotten no response.  Does anyone have any suggestions as to how to solve this dilemma?

yes, it is an easy answer.  You trip stops in multiple locations, and google testing sites in Bahamas.  You can get you test at any of the stops.  This is no different if you are going on a land trip, and need to be tested before the next country.  Start making your plans now, check out the locations, and maybe when closer to the trip, they will change it.   (I had to find a clinic in Morocco to get tested, so your situation is no different) 

21 minutes ago, Vagabondvoyager said:

I am under the impression that you need to get a health visa to travel to the Bahamas and that as part of this you need the test. I don't believe it is Royal that requires it..but the Bahamas... you might want to investigate this so that you don't have an issue getting into Bahamas. Also the test needs to be within 5 days ...

10 minutes ago, pezruthroy said:

If you are fully vaccinated you do not need the test for the Health Visa and if the poster is going on the Adventure and they are an adult they are vaccinated. It is all very confusing though. 

You are correct about it being confusing... and changing... first AOS cruise..they added another test taken by all when boarding...not that has disappeared from protocol. I do recall people mentioning providing the test results when applying for the health visa... remember everyone over 12 on early sailings are vaccinated. I hope someone who traveled then can tell us if Bahamas asked for it as part of health visa or not.... If I were the OP I would call and ask Royal... perhaps they can simply do the test before boarding..like they do for the unvaccinated children... but I would want to know before traveling.     Sorry OP if I have added to the confusion... but you raise a good point.... if Bahamas does not require it from fully vaccinated.. why does Royal.... I guess out of an abundance of caution...

2 hours ago, kearney said:

You are correct about it being confusing... and changing... first AOS cruise..they added another test taken by all when boarding...not that has disappeared from protocol. I do recall people mentioning providing the test results when applying for the health visa... remember everyone over 12 on early sailings are vaccinated. I hope someone who traveled then can tell us if Bahamas asked for it as part of health visa or not.... If I were the OP I would call and ask Royal... perhaps they can simply do the test before boarding..like they do for the unvaccinated children... but I would want to know before traveling.     Sorry OP if I have added to the confusion... but you raise a good point.... if Bahamas does not require it from fully vaccinated.. why does Royal.... I guess out of an abundance of caution...

I will be filling out my Visa tomorrow as it will be 14 days before my arrival so I might be able to answer some questions.