world cruise 2022 tale of tales

poodle664

• 1 month later...

I am able to access the roll call.  You have to be logged in to see the postings.  Nothing posted since 9/22.  It appears that the Whisper is set to sail to San Juan as it is scheduled to arrive in Las Palmas, Gran Canary on November 1st.   So it looks like the initial Whisper cruises beginning 11/17 are a go.   

56 minutes ago, poodle664 said:

Tried it, didn't work. I can see one posting from the other WC that leaves in January, but nothing on Tale of Tales. Oh well.

If the roll call is "Silver Whisper World Cruise 2022" that is the Tale of Tales World Cruise you are looking for.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, poodle664 said:

LOL--my mistake. I'm not sure why I thought there were two WC running in 2022. 🤦‍♀️.

There were two World Cruises running for 2022.  The expedition World Cruise was canceled. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, DCCruiser57 said:

There were two Wcs, but SS cancelled the Expedition WC probably because the WInd drydock is hung up with supply chain issues and is not doing Antarctica.  They have substituted the Cloud, thus it could not do the Expedition WC.

I actually think it's the other way around, although SS won't admit it. If you look at the timeline of events, it seems clear that Silversea wasn't entirely honest in how they portrayed what happened.  First they decided to cancel the Expedition World Cruise, because there was just too much of the itinerary from the South Pacific to Australia to southeast Asia that they weren't able to count on doing due to COVID restrictions. So that left them with the Cloud in South America with no passengers and no place to go for six months until the World Cruise was to have ended in July.

Meanwhile, the Wind was likely only slightly behind schedule. Remember that SS had made a big public relations splash in early September announcing the agreement with the government of Chile to sail the Wind, Cloud and Explorer for the Antarctica season from Chile. They wouldn't have made that announcement in early September about sailing the Wind if the Wind was months behind schedule. Instead, they were likely expecting the Wind would be ready on or close to schedule. When the schedule slipped a little, they were going to have to cancel the first one or two Wind cruises -- but not the whole season. But instead of starting the Wind cruises in December, and having the Cloud sitting idle starting in late January, they decided to cancel the Wind's entire season and moved the Wind's cruises from late January through July to the empty Cloud. The people who got squeezed out in this shuffle were those who were booked on the Wind on the several cruises from November into January. We were booked on the holiday sailing of the Wind, and I believe the ship would have been available to sail that and later cruises, but Silversea made a business decision to not operate the Wind.

17 minutes ago, HappyLadyTravels said:

Is there a separate roll call for SILVERSEA World Cruise 2022 on Whisper? I'm having a problem finding it. There is a roll call for Whisper starting January, 2022, but little activity on it.

The one you are seeing is the World Cruise.  Virtually no activity on it at all.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, HappyLadyTravels said:

Is there a separate roll call for SILVERSEA World Cruise 2022 on Whisper? I'm having a problem finding it. There is a roll call for Whisper starting January, 2022, but little activity on it.

There are many folks who do the Silversea World Cruise year after year.   They don't necessarily post on Cruise Critic nor do they participate in the Roll Call.   Some new folks join and some frequent fliers do.  Not the vast majority though.  The roll call does not tell the whole story! 😁

For those folks who are looking for insights and helpful hints for World Cruises you might consider posting a new thread in the Silversea Forum asking for that kind of info.  You will get more responses from that than from the roll call.

• Like 1

I appreciate all who weighed into my post. This will be our first world cruise, so I'm trying to read as much as possible from others' insights and questions. I don't participate in facebook (have to draw the line somewhere). Am anxious to hear about any port changes before we pay our balance at the end of November.

• Like 1

If I remember correctly the documentation you will receive prior to the luggage pickup tells you what you can pack in the luggage.  The pickup day will depend on where you live and thus how far the luggage has to travel to reach the ship.  It is held at the nearest Fedex location until it is picked up by Silversea.  The only issue we have had has related to luggage being examined by US border staff when it entered the US from Canada.  A few bags had obviously been opened and inspected as the contents were slightly messed about.  Not an issue really as we had not packed anything problematic.   You should copy the numbers from the paperwork you fill out so that you can track the luggage shipment.  We enjoyed the service.  The alternative would have been to lug an additional 4 pieces of luggage with us.  

• Like 1