Tahiti StarBreeze Oct 17 2021Kayak/Dive questions

ShirleyZ

Does anyone know the kind of kayak used on the Faaroa River excursion?  My husband and I are experienced and have our own kayaks. However, my husband requires a seat back.  The few pictures I could find are sit on tops.  We have a seat we could bring if there is anywhere to latch it on the kayak.

Thanks for any insights. I would normally contact the tour company on Raiatea directly, but as of now we are “restricted” to Windstar excursions and I don’t know the tour operator. Also, any insights on the Discover Scuba excursion? I am a certified diver, but it’s been more than 3 years since I last dove. I will not be taking a refresher course, so I thought the Discover Scuba would be an easy replacement. Too easy, too slow paced?

Shirley

The kayaks we had were sit on tops but had latching seat backs.

I'm also a diver from five years ago. Was advised by a fellow cruiser last Tahiti trip 2 years ago that Discover Scuba might be a bit too slow moving. However if our Tahiti cruise next summer is still WS excursions only I might just do it anyway. Thinking there will be a lot of former divers with the same thought.