Transferring a FCC

teacherman

A friend of mine had a cruise scheduled for March, 2020.  He made the decision to cancel his cruise and took a FCC that must be used by a certain date.  He is unable to use it.   Celebrity told him that he could transfer it to someone else but had to do it by a certain date.  He has offered it to me at a deep discount.  He said that I am to make the booking and then he calls Celebrity and applies the FCC to my booking number.  QUESTION:  If he does that and I have to cancel my cruise, will I receive a new FCC for the total amount of my cruise, an FCC for only the non-refundable deposit, or no FCC at all?  Do any of you have experience with this issue?  I did the booking under the "Cruise with Confidence" plan.  Very much appreciate any information you might offer.

It's my understanding that you can only transfer an FCC to someone who is part of the same booking. You may want to ensure that your friend received the correct information, as I don't recall anyone posting that they have used an FCC in the manner you describe. On the other hand, I've seen many posts from people who have FCCs that they can't use and bemoan the fact that it's money lost.

May I transfer my FCC to another guest?

Yes, we will allow a one-time transfer of a Cruise With Confidence FCC to be used for a 2021 sailing.  Deadline to request a transfer is July 31, 2021.  FCC may be transferred to another guest in an Individual or non-contracted Group booking.

I recently spent close to two hours with a Celebrity rep who checked with a supervisor on process. To have the FCC transfer done an email with specific details of the FCC and who it is being transferred to needs to be sent to celebrityrrs@celebrity.com (Celebrity resolutions). Hope that helps.