FCC Drama

Just wondering if anyone else is having a nightmare trying to get FCC's for sailings cancelled in April?

We had 2 June sailings cancelled and received the standard email saying that our 125% FCC's would be issued by May 13th. Fast forward to now, we've had 2 different FCC emails with random incorrect amounts on them and I've now had an email from my TA saying that due to an error on Royals system both $900 deposits have been refunded and I am no longer eligible for the extra 25%. To add insult to injury I will also have to wait another 45 business days from yesterday to receive the money back.

Obviously I am not happy with this and will be instructing my TA to escalate. Has anyone else had the same thing happen to them? 

I'm in the UK but booked through a US TA

Hayley

Hello,

I had/have the same experience having booked though a UK TA.

RCI swore black and blue for about 6 months that *I* cancelled a sailing and so was not eligible for the 25% uplift on my deposit. After about the six months we spoke to someone in a more senior position who admitted it was them that cancelled and not me so an extra £38 is being added to an FCC.

Meanwhile (1) RCI cancelled a more recent booking and credited my Amex card with £150 so another £38 lost. Do you know what? I really cannot be arsed to chase it.

Meanwhile (2) I asked where was my FCC for the deposit paid on the Odyssey 2nd April 2021 Maiden cancelled by RCI. I was told that an FCC is not due as the cruise is still 'live'!!!

My considered opinion is that however good RCI 'might' be a running cruise/holiday operations, when it comes to 'business' operations they are a bunch of amateurs.

Regards,

Cublet

I think it might be better that you have received the funds back instead of taking the FCC's even without the bonus. There have been a lot of errors and inconveniences in their refund process. And with all the uncertainties, the FCC"s aren't that great a thing to have either. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Coralc said:

I think it might be better that you have received the funds back instead of taking the FCC's even without the bonus. There have been a lot of errors and inconveniences in their refund process. And with all the uncertainties, the FCC"s aren't that great a thing to have either. 

Hello,

I have learnt that from recent experience. I did not know that different FCCs had different rules. Some of my 'Cruise with Confidence' FCCs have been amalgamated into non CwC FCCs - unbeknown to us. These latter types have to be spent in full (or more) in one transaction and you cannot get another FCC as 'change' if they are greater than the amount that has to be paid.

Now all of this could be BS! Guest Services Agents for the UK are either the dimmest or have had the least or poorest training compared the US agents in my opinion.

Regards,

Cublet

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Coralc said:

To be honest that's kind of beside the point. I chose to take up Royal on their offer of 125% FCC, they then decide 8 weeks after I should've received them that too bad there's been an error and you're not getting what was promised

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Coralc said:

Especially with such an early expiration dates.  Don't know what ships/itinerary/protocols will be in place and yet the expiry date is April 30' 22 and sail date of September 30, '22.  As these were payments made and cancellations by RCL they should never expire.

PS.  I have a sail with family members on Easter '22 on Anthem and based on their present protocols my granddaughters will not be able to sail.

• Thanks 1