SIM card for Greek islands cruise

Inishmore

Our US carrier (Cricket) does not have international roaming. When we get off the ship onto the islands, however, we’d need to find WiFi and I’d rather not waste time hunting around for it. (I have an elderly family member I want to be able to stay in touch with.) Do any of you have insights on purchasing a Vodafone SIM? Thank you in advance!

Alternatively - sign up for Google Fi and set the phone up for it before you leave.  Fi will work internationally, including Greece, and will cost $10 per GB of data used (billed in MB increments, use 10 MB and pay $1.00), $20 for the base plan and calls outside the US are $0.20 per minute and you get a US number that you can give them to call you if needed or you can forward you current number to that in advance so they don't need to have a different number.

There was actually a thread on this service in this forum earlier this week, you could read more about it there.

20 hours ago, hallux said:

Alternatively - sign up for Google Fi and set the phone up for it before you leave.  Fi will work internationally, including Greece, and will cost $10 per GB of data used (billed in MB increments, use 10 MB and pay $1.00), $20 for the base plan and calls outside the US are $0.20 per minute and you get a US number that you can give them to call you if needed or you can forward you current number to that in advance so they don't need to have a different number.

There was actually a thread on this service in this forum earlier this week, you could read more about it there.

Hallux, Thank you so much. This is very helpful. I’ll try searching for the previous thread. I missed it somehow. Happy cruising!