I asked in the canadians forum but haven't really gotten a good response, msc doesnt specifically state a fully vaccinated person needs the covid insurance for their cruise. Does that mean i can just get regular insurance with say manulife and I'll be fine? The MSC agents aren't really that helpful, one told me i needed covid insurance another said I was fine with regular travel insurance.

Edited by MStarzky

10 hours ago, MStarzky said:

I asked in the canadians forum but haven't really gotten a good response, msc doesnt specifically state a fully vaccinated person needs the covid insurance for their cruise. Does that mean i can just get regular insurance with say manulife and I'll be fine? The MSC agents aren't really that helpful, one told me i needed covid insurance another said I was fine with regular travel insurance.

Hi MStarzky,

I no longer have plans for Canadians, so I suggest you contact a travel insurance in Canada for the answer.

Steve Dasseos

We have been told there is no cruise insurance of any kind at the moment for Canadians because of the no sail advisory.  We haven't been able to get trip cancellation or anything for our December 2021 cruise.  Has anyone found a company that will provide either trip or medical insurance (not necessarily Covid) for cruises while the advisory is in effect?

I contacted Manulife and they are not issuing insurance due to the Canadian Government Travel Advisory to avoid cruises. TUGO, another provider, is also not insuring cruise travel as they consider the Advisory a Level 4. If anyone knows an insurance company in Canada that is offering emergency medical, COVID and preexisting coverage for cruises to people over 61, who are fully vaccinated, please let all of us know.

• 2 weeks later...

BlueCross is now covering Covid on cruises under their Travel Medical Insurance at least in Ontario.  I confirmed with 2 different reps there.  I do not know about your preexisting conditions but vaccination status does not matter. 

Although, I would think now that this has been announced, Manulife may need to reconsider??

https://news.paxeditions.com/news/cruise/blue-cross-has-resumed-selling-travel-insurance-cruises-canadians?fbclid=IwAR3nG0fk2_GraGSszDhrWdtBr4pCRZsuRh0p_Queam_zV4X0RYLKVfOysXE

• Like 2

It doesn't seem like Blue Cross is offering Covid related travel insurance for PEI...I went on their website last night and navigated through their questions and came up empty....also, it appears Manulife tote a Covid related policy but my interpretation is it is only for trips longer than 31 days....no good for my cruise vacation.....am I missing something?

On 7/25/2021 at 4:43 AM, MStarzky said:

Manulife travel insurance is what you want.

I have used Manulife before....but not, of course, since all this cover has started....anyone....??? Let us know 

Edited by abby1257