How is Carnival handling existing reservations for unvaccinated cruisers?

asalligo

I suspect that this conversation will quickly devolve into pro and con vaccine, but lets try to keep this on topic. Has anyone experienced what Carnival is doing for unvaccinated cruisers with an existing booking inside the 90 day window? Are you requesting an exemption and just waiting for a response and is Carnival just cancelling those that do not get an exemption? My guess is that as we come into the next few months, many people will be sitting on a reservation as an unvaccinated cruiser. 

Carnival has not addressed any cruises other than july and august.

For some time now you can call and move it to a later date, but for sept onward standard cancellation penalties apply if you want to cancel for a refund.

I keep saying wait for carnival to do sept and oct cruises if you want a refund. Just sit tight.

Someone on another thread said John  will have some announcements at 5 pm eastern, but might or might not be sept and Oct. Nothing has changed since the july and august protocols announced.

So far only July/August cruises are being processed.  Things could change for cruises beyond that.

They will be notified to complete passenger info (DOB specifically) and a survey about vaccinated status.  This could then prompt a response to make a request for exemption.  Exemption processing requires final payment deadline to have passed so they know how many are sailing and how many exemptions they can make.  If an exemptionquest is denied, they will get an offer to rebook for the future or can cancel for full refund.  

Edited by arkaine23
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, Indiansbaseball said:

I have an email from Carnival saying I may cancel my October cruise without penalty up until my final payment date….which is next week. 

Nice, that is what I am looking for. I would go ahead and cancel my January cruise now if they would give me that option. Book my all inclusive for January and see what cruising is like in another year. 

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Indiansbaseball said:

I have an email from Carnival saying I may cancel my October cruise without penalty up until my final payment date….which is next week. 

Maybe because I already got the I'm vaccinated question and said yes, but I'm before final payment and did not get a offer to cancel for my oct cruise which I booked direct, or sept. 

No one on any of my 3 sept or oct got this offer either and many are waiting .. wonder how you got it?

5 hours ago, firefly333 said:

Maybe because I already got the I'm vaccinated question and said yes, but I'm before final payment and did not get a offer to cancel for my oct cruise which I booked direct, or sept. 

No one on any of my 3 sept or oct got this offer either and many are waiting .. wonder how you got it?

We didn't get that offer for our September cruise and haven't any vaccination question yet.  Our final payment date was the 12th.  However, our cruise is on the Sunrise and that ship was already announced to be starting back in August,  So it may have been sent to those whose ships hadn't been announced at that point.

17 minutes ago, Lee Cruiser said:

We didn't get that offer for our September cruise and haven't any vaccination question yet.  Our final payment date was the 12th.  However, our cruise is on the Sunrise and that ship was already announced to be starting back in August,  So it may have been sent to those whose ships hadn't been announced at that point.

I just received the email listing all of the September and October cruises, with the offer to rebook or get a refund, a few minutes ago. We are booked for September.

• Like 1