Any current river cruises affected by recent severe flooding on Rhine river?

peggy655

Any current river cruises sailing on Rhine River affected by recent flooding and damages to bridges? Wondering if cruise lines a changed itineraries or have been using buses to transport passengers to different ports.  I know Viking was scheduled to start Rhine river cruises on 7/18/21 and wondering if it happened? 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, peggy655 said:

Any current river cruises sailing on Rhine River affected by recent flooding and damages to bridges? Wondering if cruise lines a changed itineraries or have been using buses to transport passengers to different ports.  I know Viking was scheduled to start Rhine river cruises on 7/18/21 and wondering if it happened? 

Yes, affected all on the Rhine and Moselle and on the Danube in Germany in the last week. On the Main the week before due to a few low bridges. No damage to infrastructures I have heard of that would affect river cruises in the coming weeks. River ban on the Rhine still in place, so no sailing from Basel on 18 July if that was the embarkation port. See here: https://boards.cruisecritic.com/topic/2771435-rhine-water-levels-2021-and-similar-topics/page/4/?tab=comments#comment-61491866

Further details you may find on the Viking facebook page or online under a subpage on their website. Or phone them.

A-Rosa is confirmed to have rerouted to the Netherlands rather than going upstream to Basel. Another company also rerouted their Main itinerary.

notamermaid

Oh. Which IMO would mean either travel weekly did not enquire with Viking or they did and Viking did not respond. Of course Viking is affected with at least one sailing on the Rhine. But going forward there will be little disruption. So perhaps it is negligible for them.

I have just checked and the Viking website does not give details about changes and delays as they used to do in previous years (before 2020).

notamermaid