Partial pay deposit by cruisenext reward - balance by card

I have a booking and the deposit required is €235.  I have a cruisenext voucher for €234.  So if I try to use the voucher (by selecting 'my coupons and credits) it says it's insufficient, clearly.  There is an option to "add another payment type" and I select VISA and it offers an amount box (NOTE - if paying the deposit in full by card it doesn't have an amount box, it just takes the full deposit).  So I enter €1.  All goes fine until I get my secure message from my bank asking to authorise €235 from my card.

Does anyone know how to get around this, or is it a defect in the site, and a phonecall to NCL needs to be made to make payment this way?  €1 short, how annoying!

Thanks middleager.  Are you sure - it is definitely allowing me pick the cert as a "payment type" - the only issue is that the amount is showing short.  There are 2 payment types allowed (on the European site anyway) - "Coupons and credits", which includes the cruisefirst, and "credit cards".

If you are correct, then their site is saying it can do something that it can't.  Wouldn't surprise me though, given I'm typing in €1 and it tries to take the full €235!

Indeed.  Just rang the local number and got through to an agent in the US, who applied my 10% voucher (from a cancelled sailing) and then the voucher.   They said the system should be allowing customers apply the cruisenext as a deposit, but that they had "had a few calls on this where there were issues".