American Harmony August 24th?

alcorjdkn

We are also doing this cruise with another couple.  We have always been more excited about the itinerary than the on board experience.  We are hoping that “most of the issues” being reported are start up related.  
I have tempered my expectations for the whole ACL experience.  I have never expected the experience to be  as good as an European river cruise.  Just like I know the US based NCL Ocean Cruise experience is not as good as other Ocean cruises.  But I still anticipate that we are going to have a great time.  

Due to a significant change to our AA flight from Chicago (non stop flight arriving very late on August 24th)  we decided to arrive two days early instead of the one day early.  We niw arrive late morning on August 23.  As you know the hotel also has mixed reviews.  

We do agree that the pricing is high, but we knew that when we booked.  

We will probably run into you on the boat.  Have you researched options from the Airport to the Hotel?

The bottom line is  if the smoke clears, it will be an a great experience for us.  Of course our overall experience will determine whether ACL is for us in the future.  

19 hours ago, CastellanoCruiser said:

Actually we will be on American Harmony starting August 4 in Clarkston. Guess I can't read my calendar! 😁

I'll be right there with you on that same cruise.  I'll be shooting a LOT of video all week...  so, if you see some guy with a video camera or flying a drone, it might just be me.