Using Celebrity Air to arrive day of the cruise...

Stockjock

A report on RCCL about Choice Air who did provide some help but cruisers had to solve the problem themselves mostly. Rereading I guess CA did ok ...

"The flights were supposed to be  IND -PHL then PHL-NAS arriving in Nassau at 1:26 PM.  

Our first flight was delayed to the point we were going to miss our connection,  the American airlines ticket counter want to book us for tomorrow 😳  20 minutes later on the phone with Royal, they can't get us rebooked either but if we go over to the Southwest counter and book their 10:05 flight out of our own pocket to Miami they can get us on a Bahamas air flight to Nassau this afternoon,  they will reimburse us for the southwest flight.   We are now due to arrive in Nassau Shor after 3PM.

OMG, We are in the air on our way to Miami but talk about stressful start to the day."

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/topic/2795035-semi-live-adventure-of-the-seas-august-7th/

Edited by floatplan

I would never, and I repeat, never, fly in same day. NEVER. Just look at what is happening with Spirit Airlines right now. Passengers are backed up for days because of delays and cancellations. I would take an unpaid day off work before I would fly the day OF the cruise. I would pay a higher cost for air if I had to. I would sleep in the airport if I couldn't find an affordable hotel, and Vancouver is NOT cheap. Just don't do it. Besides, Vancouver is a wonderful city and well worth spending time there. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, kimlovesfl said:

...Besides, Vancouver is a wonderful city and well worth spending time there. 

This is the part I didn't understand about this whole discussion. Why would anyone pass on the opportunity to stay a day (or several) in Vancouver? I've been there many times (only once for a cruise) and always look forward to the next time.

On the other hand, I am semi-retired and set my own schedule. Having a current full-time job in the US typically means having a limit on the number of days one can just enjoy themselves.