Early flight out of Rome

Scottee25

2 hours ago, bennybear said:

The walk isn’t bad as long as you find the elevator near the hotel to the walkway.  
The concierge offered to have the shuttle drive us over which we greatly appreciated with luggage when we had a very early flight.   Might be worth enquiring.  

Hard to miss that elevator.  You just walk out of the main lobby doors and its towards your left (only a few yards).  It is not a difficult walk as long as you are mobile and can handle your luggage.  We have usually found an empty luggage cart (that folks used when coming from the airport) near the elevator which was helpful.  But even without a cart it is not a big deal as long as your luggage is on wheels.  The last time we were at the hotel they would shuttle folks over to the terminal but that usually meant waiting around until the shuttle was ready.  For us, walking was the better option.

Hank

13 minutes ago, Hlitner said:

Hard to miss that elevator.  You just walk out of the main lobby doors and its towards your left (only a few yards).  It is not a difficult walk as long as you are mobile and can handle your luggage.  We have usually found an empty luggage cart (that folks used when coming from the airport) near the elevator which was helpful.  But even without a cart it is not a big deal as long as your luggage is on wheels.  The last time we were at the hotel they would shuttle folks over to the terminal but that usually meant waiting around until the shuttle was ready.  For us, walking was the better option.

Hank

Thanks Hank. We probably will play it by ear and see how everything shakes out on that day.  One question—if we are dropped off at the airport the day we come from the ship, we grab a luggage cart, then walk to the hotel, would there be space in the room to keep it to use the  next morning? Just thinking out loud at this point and trying to give us various options.  

Billie

18 minutes ago, mountain grandma said:

Thanks Hank. We probably will play it by ear and see how everything shakes out on that day.  One question—if we are dropped off at the airport the day we come from the ship, we grab a luggage cart, then walk to the hotel, would there be space in the room to keep it to use the  next morning? Just thinking out loud at this point and trying to give us various options.  

Billie

I am trying to remember some details (perhaps others will post).  As I recall (and I could be confused with a different airport) you cannot take the airport luggage carts out of the elevator area outside the hotel.  This ole memory seems to recall they had pole barriers which forced folks to leave the airport carts at the base of the elevator (so you cannot wheel them into the hotel).  It has been about 3 1/2 years since we were last at the Hilton so cannot swear that is the way it is today.

Hank

1 hour ago, Hlitner said:

I am trying to remember some details (perhaps others will post).  As I recall (and I could be confused with a different airport) you cannot take the airport luggage carts out of the elevator area outside the hotel.  This ole memory seems to recall they had pole barriers which forced folks to leave the airport carts at the base of the elevator (so you cannot wheel them into the hotel).  It has been about 3 1/2 years since we were last at the Hilton so cannot swear that is the way it is today.

Hank

Ok good to know, thanks again.  

We stayed last in Fall 2019.  
The elevator is a little tricky to find the first time coming from the airport,  it is a long walk and it’s the very last one.   You don’t want to take an earlier elevator as there is then a busy street to cross  Our first time it wasn’t working☹️   There are many long sections of moving walkways but they have signage and poles blocking the carts.  So if you don’t have too much luggage, just wheel it on the walkways.  

I seem to recall carts just outside the hotel,  and IIRC one time we were able to take it to our room.  
When we left for the airport the concierge arranged for us to be taken privately without waiting.  
YMMV

Would also suggest you upgrade to a higher room type or if you are Hilton Gold they treat you quite nicely and may even upgrade you.  Depending on your time there,  there is also a shuttle bus into Rome or over to the local area for dinner.