Intercruise/ Cruise Connect - Hopwood Services M42

amajaa

Before lockdown did anyone travel from the new pick up point South of Birmingham, the Hopwood Sevices on the M42.

We always used to get picked up at the Crowne Plaza near the NEC but they stopped picking up there before Lockdown started so it looks like our nearest pick up now is the Hopwood Services, either that or Warwick Services on the M40 which is a lot further away. 

I just wondered if anyone had traveled from there yet as we are travelling in January and would prefer to take the coach in case of bad weather then hopefully the Ship ( The Iona- yay) will wait if any hold ups. 

Not a direct answer to your question, more of a curve ball...

What about driving down the day before and staying in Southampton for a night? Then when you disembark, you can pretty much just hop in your car and go.

2 hours ago, HikingPete said:

Not a direct answer to your question, more of a curve ball...

What about driving down the day before and staying in Southampton for a night? Then when you disembark, you can pretty much just hop in your car and go.

Yes thanks I did think of that, my Daughter lives about 2/3 of the way down so we could do that, as you say no hanging around when you get off. Let’s see how all the Covid stuff pans out and whether coaches do actually run.

@amajaa it does make life a little less stressful. I live a few miles down the road from Southampton, and for my cruise in December I'm seriously considering heading over the night before and staying in the nearby Holiday Inn or Premier Inn, then get an Uber home afterwards.

18 hours ago, amajaa said:

Yes thanks I did think of that, my Daughter lives about 2/3 of the way down so we could do that, as you say no hanging around when you get off. Let’s see how all the Covid stuff pans out and whether coaches do actually run.

Eavesway are running. We use them all the time, and I keep getting updates. 

Avril

• 7 months later...

Just wondering if since this topic was started last year if anyone has now caught the Intercruise bus from Hopwood Services on the M42. If so how did it go?   More importantly what time did the coach leave from Hopwood Sevices and what time did you arrive at the ship?

We only caught the coach twice when it left from the NEC Crowne Plaza and both times left about 12.30. The first time got to the ship at 4.30 they were all waiting for us, the second time we got there about 4 ish . Getting there so late put me off catching the coach a bit.