No $100.00 balcony credit for Platinum C&A member?

Hypo

We just booked a JS on Rhapsody of the Seas, and are Platinum C&A members. We were told we could not use the $100.00 C&A credit since we booked under a happy hour rate. Anyone else experience this? What kind of a benefit is it, if you are charged the same rate as a non-platinum cruiser?

Hypo:confused:

We just booked a JS on Rhapsody of the Seas, and are Platinum C&A members. We were told we could not use the $100.00 C&A credit since we booked under a happy hour rate. Anyone else experience this? What kind of a benefit is it, if you are charged the same rate as a non-platinum cruiser?

Hypo:confused:

Did you make this booking directly with RCI or through an agency?

Through an agency, but I asked RCI at their C&A number and it was RCI that said no, it does not apply. The Agency also thought it did not apply, but they tried to get it anyway.

I should note, we have used the credit previously, and it always applied.

Hypo

Platinum discount is not a promotion, it's a loyalty perk. We've always received the Diamond discount even on group cruises, with senior discounts and in addition to any coupons.

I would call C&A again and ask to talk to a supervisor. If they say no, ask when the policy changed.

The loyalty discount is supposed to be over & above/in addition to any other discounts/promotions. You should always get it.

Platinum discount is not a promotion, it's a loyalty perk. We've always received the Diamond discount even on group cruises, with senior discounts and in addition to any coupons.

I would call C&A again and ask to talk to a supervisor. If they say no, ask when the policy changed.

The loyalty discount is supposed to be over & above/in addition to any other discounts/promotions. You should always get it.

That's what I was thinking. I just booked another cruise today. It is a group cruise but I'm still getting my Platinum discount and they even told me how to finagle it so I could get an onboard booking discount when I'm on Brilliance next week.

We too were unable to get the credit on our next cruise because it is chartered :(

###

I was just on the Dave Matthews chartered cruise. I sent an email in and complained, they ended up giving me credit. But that might have just been because all of the problems on that cruise.

I was just on the Dave Matthews chartered cruise. I sent an email in and complained, they ended up giving me credit. But that might have just been because all of the problems on that cruise.

I have another question or two :) Was there anything else different on the cruise because it was chartered? Such as prices, events, or meals? If you have an RCI Credit Card, did you still get double points for $$ spent on the ship?

Thanks again :D

###

• 2 weeks later...

I was told that we could not use our points to get on board ship credits. However, at the end of the cruise, we did get double points for our onboard purchases.

The cruise itself did not feel like an rcl cruise. The level of service was no where near its usual level. The tips were all included with the price of the cruise. The attire was casual all the time. We never made it into the dining room though. The companies in charge seemed to have no idea what they were getting themselves into.

Very poorly planned and manged. For example: The ships had various bands to be playing at different times through out the weekend. But until the bands starting setting up while still in port the first day, they never realized the ships didn't have enough to power multiple bands at once. SO we were about 3 hours late leaving Miami. They had to get an extra external generator onto the ship that just sat outside by the anchor. They had cables running up the outside of the boat, looked pretty tacky. Also a lot of the people on board were much drunker than they were used to dealing with. They didn't know what to do.

For what we paid to end up seeing Dave outside the Atlantis tennis courts, it should have been been better planned!

Archived