What is the procedure for unvaccinated children before boarding?

dltaeg

Can anyone please explain the testing programme for unvaccinated people. I've read the information issued by RC but being from the UK I'm guessing things work differently in the US. 

We are travelling in Feb from Florida with an unvaccinated 12 year old (he's not eligible here in the UK for the vaccine) and a 8 and 11 year old. I know my younger two won't need testing but what about my 12 year old. 

How many tests will he need, where would he go for a test not being a US citizen, how many days before s
ailing will he need to be tested. We are desperate to get back to sailing but I feel with our eldest being unvaccinated and us being from the UK it might not be possible.e tested. We are desperate to get back to sailing but I feel with our eldest being unvaccinated and us being from the UK it might not be possible.

Edited by dltaeg

3 hours ago, dltaeg said:

Can anyone please explain the testing programme for unvaccinated people. I've read the information issued by RC but being from the UK I'm guessing things work differently in the US. 

We are travelling in Feb from Florida with an unvaccinated 12 year old (he's not eligible here in the UK for the vaccine) and a 8 and 11 year old. I know my younger two won't need testing but what about my 12 year old. 

How many tests will he need, where would he go for a test not being a US citizen, how many days before s
ailing will he need to be tested. We are desperate to get back to sailing but I feel with our eldest being unvaccinated and us being from the UK it might not be possible.e tested. We are desperate to get back to sailing but I feel with our eldest being unvaccinated and us being from the UK it might not be possible.

there are no specifics listed for cruises that far out.

But if the cruise was happening in August then everyone in your party would need to be tested prior to boarding. If the itinerary was eastern Caribbean with a stop in St Thomas then every one 12 and older would need to be fully vaccinated with a brand approved by the US CDC. If the vaccines you have were not on the CDC's approved list, you would all be considered unvaccinated and have to have several other tests from embarkation to disembarkation at your expense. BIG BUT - this is only for cruises out of Florida for August 2021 and does not apply to your cruise.  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, dltaeg said:

There's no way of knowing what will be happening by then. You may want to purchase "cancel for any reason" insurance. For insurance, the Allure has just gone to an all vaccinated status if the cruise goes to St Thomas. Within the last week, testing procedures have changed. I would expect many changes between now and February.