New to Cunard - Insurance Question

Emmandjay

We've booked our first Cunard cruise (usually Celebrity or P&O) for next year.  They stress the need for travel insurance to cover all Covid related issues and say that proof of all this insurance will need to be shown at the port.  They are recommending a policy  with Holiday Extras.  As we already have annual travel insurance  with another provider we are reluctant to take out further cover.  I would be interested to hear from others as to what insurance you have in place and whether you are taking out extra cover now that we are cruising abroad again.

I think the Holiday Extras link is a marketing link up not a requirement  to buy their insurance. In fact when I tried the link they would not offer insurance for my pre existing conditions. I have arranged insurance with another company that meets Cunards and my needs including Covid cover. I have used similar insurance in the past for Cunard cruises.

Edited by Matelot70

2 hours ago, Emmandjay said:

We've booked our first Cunard cruise (usually Celebrity or P&O) for next year.  They stress the need for travel insurance to cover all Covid related issues and say that proof of all this insurance will need to be shown at the port.  They are recommending a policy  with Holiday Extras.  As we already have annual travel insurance  with another provider we are reluctant to take out further cover.  I would be interested to hear from others as to what insurance you have in place and whether you are taking out extra cover now that we are cruising abroad again.

Just get in touch with the insurance that you already have your annual policy and make sure that you are covered just ask could you be covered and how much extra it would cost. HolidayExtras is just a company they recommend because they get commission for every policy taken not because they are any better.

1 hour ago, majortom10 said:

Just get in touch with the insurance that you already have your annual policy and make sure that you are covered just ask could you be covered and how much extra it would cost. HolidayExtras is just a company they recommend because they get commission for every policy taken not because they are any better.

The only thing in their favour was the fact they covered all aspects Cunard required for the Staycation cruises before banks etc revamped their policies to include the two million pound cover Cunard required.

Thanks for your comments. Very helpful.  I contacted our insurers and they confirmed our cover would suit Cunard's requirements.  They will send a letter giving all the details which we can show at the port.  This has set our minds at rest, and hopefully has saved us the cost of the Holiday Extras policy.

8 hours ago, Emmandjay said:

Thanks for your comments. Very helpful.  I contacted our insurers and they confirmed our cover would suit Cunard's requirements.  They will send a letter giving all the details which we can show at the port.  This has set our minds at rest, and hopefully has saved us the cost of the Holiday Extras policy.

That is what we have done with Staysure.